Coconut oil

Options
Was suggested to try consuming cocnut oil before my run. First time an hour before the run, didn't feel too sick just slight burping.
Today a much longer run, consumed the oil 25 minutes before I was burping and feeling like I was going to puke while running. Any suggestions on how to prevent this or how to take coconut oil?

Thanks!

Replies

• quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    eww - eating it straight? I add it to smoothies, put it on top of popcorn and cook with it.
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    what would be the purpose of consuming coconut oil before you run?
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    make sure it is a good brand and not bleached, refined, and processed (louana brand from walmart is horrid) but also start small- its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and kills yeast in your gut- which is a good thing, but might mess you up a little if you have a lot of bad bacteria/flora in your gut.

i use it to cook my veggies with, drizzled over frozen berries, to coat pans, and i do eat it just plain... but i eat a lot of it- like 3 tbsp a day :)

google benefits of coconut oil- its insane how amazing it is.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I put it in my hair. I don't eat my hair though. That's disgusting.
  • SFBarbear
    SFBarbear Posts: 146
    Options
    Put it in your morning coffee!!!
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Put it in your morning coffee!!!

mmmmmm, bulletproof coffee :)
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Are you allergic/intolerant to it?

I cook and bake with it and use it in smoothies but I've never been burp-y because of it.
  • yeahforme
    yeahforme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump:happy:
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I don't take coconut oil straight. Treat it like a butter substitute. Sautee in it, use it on toast, season veggies....
  • kkbmommy
    kkbmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What is "bump?"
  • kkbmommy
    kkbmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Also I see alot of you are paleo any good resource suggestions for that... Thinking about it's I have celiac and it would possibly be a good way of living.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    It's been shown not to work anyway, it MCT oil(usually from coconut oil, it cuts out all non-MCT's) might be product for you runners looking for a prerun energy source.