Lexapro and weight loss

Options
1235»

Replies

• JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have been on Lexapro for about six months and I haven't noticed weight gain or an increased appetite. I've actually lost 15 pounds in the last month and a half after starting back on exercising and eating better. I'm only taking 5 mg, though so maybe that's why I haven't noticed a weight gain or inability to lose.
  • Cane82
    Cane82 Posts: 1
    Options
    I took 10 mg of lexapro for 2 years. The first year everything was OK with my weight. I gained a few pounds (5) but that was not big deal, but the second year things started to change. I went from 130lbs to 160lbs in a matter of 4-5 months and I had never weighed a pound over 135 in my life. I also have a very active lifestyle and eat healthy and couldn't seem to make a dent on the weight. My doctor kept telling me there was no way that the medication could have done this and told me that I was "obviously just over eating." HMPH! I ended up switching to a different medication and I have lost about 20 of the 30lbs in the last 8 months without even trying. It is nice to have clothes that fit again. I think the lexapro worked better for me than the medication that I am currently on, but I just could not deal with the weight gain after longterm use.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    This thread is about 8 years old, so I doubt OP is still wondering about it...lol
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    This thread is about 8 years old, so I doubt OP is still wondering about it...lol

But others may be.