What is your new rule for weight loss???

Options
Mine is to not eat after 8pm

Eating at night for me is my biggest problem so i have decided to become more disciplined and not eat at night

What about u ?

Replies

• acuratlsd
    acuratlsd Posts: 228
    Options
    Stay away from Fast Food and Junk Food.

I always went after those because they were quick meals but after exercising and proceeding with this weight loss. I convinced myself. I really am not that lazy. I can actually take 5 min out of my life to prepare meals and not use the 5 min and sit on my butt watching TV.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that I have rules...
    and that they last about a week.... before I break it, then..... I have a different, new rule.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    "Not right now," trumps "no" 100% of the time when it comes to food choices. Id rather wait a while until I really want something, rather than cut it out of my life all together.

Also: EAT TO LOSE (move more to eat more!)
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure all my food. If it goes in my mouth healthy or not , Log it ! No stressing over the little crap in life :bigsmile:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Eat more protein. Drink more water. Run more.
  • abirkel
    abirkel Posts: 60
    Options
    lift heavy things and put them down. eat enough real food to fuel my body. focus on something other than the scale...measuring tape, pictures, new PRs, etc.

the end!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    My new rule for weight loss--wait until someone ASKS me about losing weight before talking about it. Talk in paragraphs, not in stories.

To the phrase, "are you becoming obsessed with exercise", I say "I am setting goals for exercise to find what is right for me", and not add "what do you think."

I understand that people want to be supportive, but really complementary insults are too much for this girl!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    eat what i want using moderation and portion control and train hard everyday...
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Only eat when hungry

Exercise at least 3 times a week

Keep carbs and fat intake low
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If something isn't working, find something that does, if something stops working, find something else that does.
  • Anamdalta
    Options
    No fast food; no eating after 730pm; stop eating when I'm not hungry, rather than when the plate is empty; stay away from chips (which is the most difficult one for me); eat my veggies.

Really, just clean food in moderate portions.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Prefer the word guidelines rather than rules. Semantics I know but the implication over time to retain sustainability of the effort is important. That being said, I suppose my principal guideline(s) since changing the previous program, getting to goal weight and staying there indefinitely is <150 net grams of carbs per day, .7 to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass per day. Personally I don't pay a lot of attention to what I eat as long as I stay within those macros. Of course I don't eat much processed foods, don't eat much fried stuff. These are occasional indulgences, however, just not a steady part of the diet. Based on your initial query, these would be my rules. Good luck with your program.
  • pouncepet
    pouncepet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wouldnt use the word 'rule'... Eat clean and exercise. Everything else that might be a 'rule' revolves around that sentence. :) Trying to simplify the lifestyle so...
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Follow your own beat and just because something didnt work for one doesnt mean it wont for you.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Fruit only after dinner is my latest guideline. And try and lock the red wine bottle into the pantry if I have a small glass with dinner.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Only eat food that I prepare, then I know exactly what I am eating
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    Only eat when hungry

^^^This...
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Only eat when hungry

Fat is quite important for a healthy lifestyle...just saying
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Watch my calories, smaller portion. Eat what I want, when I want with that in mind. More protein. And I've cut down on bread a lot. No more 3-4 pain au chocolat days unless it fits my cals ( like today).

A bunch of rules being posted here by others make no sense to me (although I'm sure they make sense to those that posted)

Oh, and all rules need to be broken every once in a while....
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    New Rule:

Stop worrying and obsessing about eating healthy and exercising

and

JUST DO IT

catresolutionmoretimeontreadmill-1.jpg