FirstLine Therapy / Metagenics

Options
Is anyone out there doing the FirstLine Therapy Program? If so, what do you think of it? What is it like? Are you able to maintain a normal lifestyle (i.e going out with friends, eating at other peoples homes, having people over) or is it difficult to maintain that part of your life?

My doctor is really pushing me to try this program. He is sure that it is a good fit for me and that it will help reduce my BP and insomnia. I am already eating clean / paleo so he said this is not a far step from that. I have a very active social life and don't want to be confined because I can't eat anything anywhere I go.

Advice, comments, suggestions, stories to share?

TIA!!

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it so I googled a bit and found this

12 WEEK FLT package is £190 including:-
    ✓ 4 private consultations
    ✓ 4 BIA tests and reports
    ✓ Medical food prescription
    ✓ Manual with recipes, eating out guidelines, shopping lists & meal plans
    Additional consultation visits and/or BIA tests (should you wish to have them) can be arranged for an additional fee. Lab tests and food supplements, which are optional, will be charged to you individually, also in addition to the basic package fee.

Medical foods??

On the website they say...

"We have all heard the phrase “food is medicine”; well this is exactly the principle behind Medical Foods. They are specific formulas made from extracted or combined food components, such as turmeric, ginger & cinnamon that at significant doses can have impressive therapeutic effects, to support the dietary management of a particular condition. These powerful components are blended with a low allergenic protein like whey and then flavoured to make a nutritious and tasty shake."

You could make a protein shake containing those ingredients yourself I should think.

Looks like just another money spinner for someone who is only going to tell you how to eat a healthy diet but with some "science" thrown in.

Pretty much all the things they listed on the website that can be treated by "medical foods" can also be treated by eating a healthy diet, excercising and losing weight.

Disclaimer: This only my personal opinion and I did only scan the website so if there is more to it then I apologise.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it so I googled a bit and found this

12 WEEK FLT package is £190 including:-
    ✓ 4 private consultations
    ✓ 4 BIA tests and reports
    ✓ Medical food prescription
    ✓ Manual with recipes, eating out guidelines, shopping lists & meal plans
    Additional consultation visits and/or BIA tests (should you wish to have them) can be arranged for an additional fee. Lab tests and food supplements, which are optional, will be charged to you individually, also in addition to the basic package fee.

Medical foods??

On the website they say...

"We have all heard the phrase “food is medicine”; well this is exactly the principle behind Medical Foods. They are specific formulas made from extracted or combined food components, such as turmeric, ginger & cinnamon that at significant doses can have impressive therapeutic effects, to support the dietary management of a particular condition. These powerful components are blended with a low allergenic protein like whey and then flavoured to make a nutritious and tasty shake."

You could make a protein shake containing those ingredients yourself I should think.

Looks like just another money spinner for someone who is only going to tell you how to eat a healthy diet but with some "science" thrown in.

Pretty much all the things they listed on the website that can be treated by "medical foods" can also be treated by eating a healthy diet, excercising and losing weight.

Disclaimer: This only my personal opinion and I did only scan the website so if there is more to it then I apologise.

Agree with the bolded part.

Anyone charging you to tell you to eat more whole foods is scamming you for money.