My New Obsession!

Options
TessaZx
TessaZx Posts: 23 Member
I had never tried blueberries until yesterday and i was surprised how nice they are!
Does anyone have any nice recipes for them or any ideas on different ways to eat them? thanx :)

Replies

• fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love blueberries too. I put fresh or frozen blueberries in shakes/smoothies, in my oatmeal, fresh blueberries in salad/spinach salad is delicious too. I put them in waffle or pancake mixes, bake them in muffins. I mix them in yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream with a touch of honey or agave. I eat them fresh as a snack, dried as a snack mixed with some nuts or seeds. I use them fresh or made into a sauce on top of ice cream or frozen yogurt. I sometimes make a sort of 'clean out the fridge/freezer and pantry dish, mostly with either cooked quinoa/rice/couscous and or oatmeal mixed with either yogurt or cottage cheese, same eggs, fruit (blueberries/berry mixes or any other fruit on hand) and bake that in a 9x13 pan at around 400-425 until it looks done and the top gets lightly brown. No real recipe, really just throwing what is leftover/available together. I cut it in portions and freeze some, put some in the fridge and it makes for a good breakfast or 'sorta' lunch or snack and can be eaten cold or warm........
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    your 20 and you just tried blueberrys lol...living on the edge :)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Must be a lot of folks try blueberries late - I had a housemate once who was about 25 the first time she had them.

Growing up, a summertime treat was a bowl of blueberries with a little sugar for dessert on Sunday nights. Try them with almond milk - totally delish!

I also love them in smoothies, salads, oatmeal- any cereal, really. They're incredibly good for you, too!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My kids and I picked and froze about 22 pounds of blueberries this summer. I'm loving them right now!

I take plain, non-fat greek yogurt and add some stevia and vanilla and then add frozen blueberries.

I love blueberries on top of my oatmeal.

Love blueberry muffins but need to tweak a recipe to make it MFP worthy.

The kiddos love Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake but I sure can't share that here. LOL
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    eat them fresh! yum!
  • TessaZx
    Options
    Thanx everyone, some great ideas :)
  • TessaZx
    Options
    your 20 and you just tried blueberrys lol...living on the edge :)

Just never got round to trying them..