Just joined

Options
Counting calories is the best way to lose weight. I find that I'm less likely to eat something fattening if I have to put it in my food diary. And you can eat anything! No forbidden foods. Just eat less of them. I like that. Hated counting points in Weight Watchers. Cringed at the "non fat half and half" in South Beach Diet. READ LABELS. Eat unprocessed foods whenever possible. Reduce salt. Enjoy food and life.

I was shocked at how high the calorie count of the maple syrup I put on my low-cal pancakes was. I'll be watching that quantity in the future.

My goal is to lose part of the weight (48 pounds) I gained when I quit smoking. That and hitting middle age really packed on the pounds in spite of exercise and good intentions. I'm allowing myself to keep some of the weight, because woman who lose a lot of weight frequently get haggard in their face, and I don't want that to happen. I'm long past the age of skinny jeans. :)

Replies

• emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I believe eating healthier and exercise is the best way to improve your body. Sure have some treats we all deserve that, as long as you watch the calories. Knowing what you put in your body is important. For syrup I use Roth sugar free maple get mine at pick n save, and it is so so good. Also theres alot of treats out there with only 100 calories as long as you eat only one bag, some I have to stay away from because I know I could eat 3 or 4 lol. Good Luck on your weight loss.