Almost halfway there! (pics)

Options
jenf235
jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
I have never posted on here, but I thought that celebrating my 90th day here and 50 pounds lost was the perfect time.

I began my weightloss and healthy lifestyle journey this summer. I was so disgusted with how out of control I had let myself become. I decided to make a change and jumped in with both feet. I was so afraid to get on the scale and see where I was beginning, that I spent almost a month exercising daily and I began keeping a food journal before I would even step on a scale. A friend at work introduced me to this site and the rest is history. That day, during lunch, I went to buy a scale, took a deep breath, and started logging. That was exactly 90 days and more than 50 pounds ago!

I have been closely watching what I eat, and logging all food and exercise here. I was always the type of person who was determined and motivated for a little while, but then I always gave up when it got hard and when life stresses got to be too much. I have shared my weightloss journey with so many of my friends and have begged them to keep me motivated! And they are doing a great job! They have been there to kick my butt and tell me to get out there and walk. They have exercised WITH me. They have wiped my tears after bad and painful workouts. And they have shared in the joys of my success. I no longer see exercise and healthy eating as a task. I see these things as a way of life! I used to eat when I got stressed out...now I put my shoes on and go for a walk or put in an aerobics video. I have given up all fast food, all soda, and even alcohol (except on very special occasions). These tough changes have become a new way of life!

To keep myself accountable, I have shared my workouts and successes...and failures...with all of my friends! There is no turning back when you have everybody keeping tabs on you! I have had several little victories along the way, but when one of my students asked me if she was getting bigger or if I was getting smaller...I realized how far I had come. I want to be able to play with my students on the playground. And I want to be an example of what determination and healthy habits can do for a person.

I know I have a long way to go, but I am loving every step of this journey! I can't wait until I post a picture when I have hit my goal...I am almost halfway there! So here goes nothing! I hope I have finally figured out how to post pictures!

This picture was taken in May of this year...

[img]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s540/Jenf235/Progress pictures/467675_10150721806852530_663642563_o_zps9a747995.jpg[/img]

Progress Picture taken in August...

[img]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s540/Jenf235/Progress pictures/IMG_2590_zpsd64cc5a6.jpg[/img]

And my "Work in Progress" picture from last weekend...

[img]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s540/Jenf235/Progress pictures/IMG_2693_zpsa77390cb.jpg[/img]

Replies

• OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    fantastic
  • teresa_c
    Options
    that is GREAT! way to stick with it!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have totally added to my motivation, thank you!
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Go ahead Ms. Sexy! You look fabulous!! Can I send you a friend request?
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great Job! YOU CAN MAKE IT TO YOUR GOAL...YOUR WORTH IT!
  • jenf235
    Options
    Thank you! I would love to add more friends....I love to see those encouraging little comments everyday! :wink:
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Excellent! You are doing so well! Congrats on 50 pounds lost. What an accomplishment!
  • lmunro5394
    lmunro5394 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you look fabulous!!!
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    That's awesome that you got your friends to exercise with you! You're well on your way, great progress so far, keep going!
  • The_new_mee
    The_new_mee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I'm glad you have friends to motivate you. You mentioned that before you were motivated and then lost your interest. MFP is an awesome website that help you track your meals and have friends that are doing the same thing to keep you motivated. Thanks for sharing!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I would love to add more friends....I love to see those encouraging little comments everyday! :wink:
    lol!! :wink: :happy: WTG!! They do help don't they!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,358 Member
    Options
    I have never posted on here, but I thought that celebrating my 90th day here and 50 pounds lost was the perfect time.

I began my weightloss and healthy lifestyle journey this summer. I was so disgusted with how out of control I had let myself become. I decided to make a change and jumped in with both feet. I was so afraid to get on the scale and see where I was beginning, that I spent almost a month exercising daily and I began keeping a food journal before I would even step on a scale. A friend at work introduced me to this site and the rest is history. That day, during lunch, I went to buy a scale, took a deep breath, and started logging. That was exactly 90 days and more than 50 pounds ago!

I have been closely watching what I eat, and logging all food and exercise here. I was always the type of person who was determined and motivated for a little while, but then I always gave up when it got hard and when life stresses got to be too much. I have shared my weightloss journey with so many of my friends and have begged them to keep me motivated! And they are doing a great job! They have been there to kick my butt and tell me to get out there and walk. They have exercised WITH me. They have wiped my tears after bad and painful workouts. And they have shared in the joys of my success. I no longer see exercise and healthy eating as a task. I see these things as a way of life! I used to eat when I got stressed out...now I put my shoes on and go for a walk or put in an aerobics video. I have given up all fast food, all soda, and even alcohol (except on very special occasions). These tough changes have become a new way of life!

To keep myself accountable, I have shared my workouts and successes...and failures...with all of my friends! There is no turning back when you have everybody keeping tabs on you! I have had several little victories along the way, but when one of my students asked me if she was getting bigger or if I was getting smaller...I realized how far I had come. I want to be able to play with my students on the playground. And I want to be an example of what determination and healthy habits can do for a person.

I know I have a long way to go, but I am loving every step of this journey! I can't wait until I post a picture when I have hit my goal...I am almost halfway there! So here goes nothing! I hope I have finally figured out how to post pictures!

This picture was taken in May of this year...

[img]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s540/Jenf235/Progress pictures/467675_10150721806852530_663642563_o_zps9a747995.jpg[/img]

Progress Picture taken in August...

[img]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s540/Jenf235/Progress pictures/IMG_2590_zpsd64cc5a6.jpg[/img]

And my "Work in Progress" picture from last weekend...

[img]http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s540/Jenf235/Progress pictures/IMG_2693_zpsa77390cb.jpg[/img]
    WOW!!! You look MARVELOUS!! The difference is amazing and I can't wait to see your goal weight pictures too. There is also a huge difference in your face. Imagine another 50. Keep up the good work my friend......
  • raintoad
    Options
    Great Job! You are looking fabulous!
  • kathmab
    Options
    ooh la la
    i am only about 10 days in and you have motivated me! thank you !!!
  • jenf235
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I think I am going to cry from all of the sweet and supportive comments! I am soooo going to do an extra big workout tomorrow!!! :heart:
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, my dear! You're looking fantastic!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    great job! I'm proud of you! keep up the good work
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    The weight loss is great and you can also take pride in the fact that you've revealed yourself to be a person who shows strength of character and DOESN'T give up easily!
  • Bunnehface
    Bunnehface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That is excellent hun, you look like a completely different person. Having a support network definitely helps, I rely a lot on my fiancé & friends to keep me motivated & on track and it makes such a difference! Good luck with the next 50lb, I'm sure you'll get there in no time & look fabulous :flowerforyou:
  • Msfigure2013
    Options
    Congrats...way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!