What food is like Kryptonite to your diet?

Options

Replies

• MyCornerOnline
    MyCornerOnline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Potato chips! Actually anything potato. Potatoes are my enemy!
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Kagami_Taiga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    All you can eat chinese buffet. I put on like 2lbs the day after going
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Lovely crumbly fudge!! *drools*
  • hoffma25
    Options
    Pasta.... *sigh* I can never have just one bowl! So I just try to never make any lol...
  • PrettyUgly18
    PrettyUgly18 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Carbs!
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Deep fried Pig Skins! I can have them only once a year at its fullest...
    An everyday treat is bread but with my calorie counting regime I eat almost whatever I like really.
    However, it is not what, but when. I fortunately do not eat bread in the afternoon anymore.. I have a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice instead. Love it...
  • 2rnip
    2rnip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Free time is my greatest enemy. That and working in front of a computer. Too much temptation :(:(:(
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Soda. If I let myself have "just one extra" I find I backslide very easy and want to have it every day instead of every week. It's funny though, because when I drink a soda... it's really not as amazing as my brain made it out to be.
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Dessets - especially Rhubarb Crunch! It isn't so bad if I could limit myself to a small serving but the stuff is so good that I can't stop when I should. I generally just try to avoid eating desserts. If I can put them off until the next day and eat them early then I can exercise extra and minimize the damage. Unfortunately, I never know ahead of time whether there will be dessert or not as Mom suprisesme sometimes.
  • martintanz
    Options
    All you can eat chinese buffet. I put on like 2lbs the day after going

Some of that is probably water retention due to the high salt content of a lot of Chinese food. Unless, of course, you actually eat 8,000 calories or more at the buffet. There is only one man I ever saw who could do that and that is my late father who literally, ate himself to death. sigh. :(
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    In a way I would say cheese....and things with cheese I utterly adore....in particular crunchy TACOS and pizza, etc Tacos have always been my favorite meal, and a lot of the reason why is the cheese.

That meaty cheesy combination I have a hard time stopping myself and controlling the portion. I still have been eating my beloved tacos and such. But trying really hard to take it easy on all other foods in that day and pay for it with exercise.

I am not eating all of my exercise calories most days, but on those days they keep me from going over.

I have often joked that the taco is the perfect balanced food item. The crunchy shell is the grain, there is meat, veggie in the lettuce, and dairy with the cheese. The meat and shell are warm, the other is cold. The shell is crunchy while the inside is soft. It is a perfect combination. Sad I know. Yes, it is a problem...clearly my kryptonite food..

I do unfortunately have another big one. French Onion Dip. It is the first thing I remember eating as a preteen that I couldn't seem to stop myself. I remember just "going to town" on the stuff and thinking my parents would be angry that I had ate the majority of the container. It was my first experience with allowing complete and utter gluttony. I do still buy it sometimes, mostly to use for veggies and not potato chips. When I do, I have to measure it and only put that amount on my plate. If I eat from the container, I lose my mind and control. I try not to buy it too often and just eat the veggie plain and raw.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Brownies and cake!
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    As healthy as it can be for me, I generally stay away from peanut butter (except for PB&J lunches). When the sweetness hits my mouth (any sweet for that matter) my cravings spike. Usually ends up to binging lol
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Sugary foods, especially chocolate. It's rather terrible because I'm not overly fond of bread/rice/pasta and rarely eat it, which is great for weight loss, however I want chocolate every day, preferably milk chocolate that has something with a crunchy texture in it.

I also really like crunchy foods. I wish nuts weren't so calorie dense/expensive so you could have more. I eat yogurt and apples and bananas and sweet vegetables and honey... I eat a lot of sugary foods. It's hard not to when the alternative seems ti be copious amounts of bland vegetables.
  • Valwash
    Options
    Peanut frickin butter!

Mines too! Its so DELICIOUS which is why I don't ever buy a jar because it will be there for breakfast lunch and dinner! can't have it around.
  • martintanz
    Options
    Peanut frickin butter!

Mines too! Its so DELICIOUS which is why I don't ever buy a jar because it will be there for breakfast lunch and dinner! can't have it around.

Funny, that is one of my go to foods. I eat it 2 or 3 times a week. A tablespoon on a slice of whole grain bread or english muffin, or even mixed into a protein shake.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Cream Cheese pie

IMG-20120923-WA0001_zps1242ec76.jpg

I have no idea how many calories it is though so I can't fit it in m meal plan. :cry:

Oh and Japanese food, and Japanese Style Strawberry Fresh Cream Cake and Japanese Style Green Tea Cake at my favorite bakery shop.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
    but i would be under 1,000 calories every day without it
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Cornbread dressing

Peach cobbler

Pillsbury Cookies

Grams of Fat :sad:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....
  • cjlapier
    Options
    Peanut frickin butter!

I agree. I'll sit down with a whole tub and go to town if I have it in the house.