Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

RECIPES without nutrition facts

michellejayne
michellejayne Posts: 58
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I find i now lean away from recipes and things i do not know the calories and i am obsessed with not using recipes with no nutrition facts, in the beginning i just want to be so sure what i am eating any suggestions on how to lighten up a bit and figure this out!1

Replies

• Sparkdiet.com has an awesome recipe calculator! You just put in the ingredients and it helps you figure it all. I've really come to love it! Good luck
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    You can always figure out the nutrition facts of recipes yourself. It's just a little multiplication, addition, and division.
    AND, if you're too lazy for that, use a recipe calculator like the on on Sparkpeople.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,467 Member
    I have a program on my computer called MasterCook. I think it was something like $15.00. However, you input the ingredients, then if you want to it will calculate the nutritionals for you. It goes into a lot of detail.

Just an anternative to SparkPeople.
  • I know how you feel. When first starting this all out it helps when things are written out for you. What I do If I am making a recipe, I add all the calories up and then when I know how many servings there is going to be I divide the total # of calories by the number of servings. It's a little extra work but if you know it is something you are going to make again you will have the information.
This discussion has been closed.