wanna fitbit! Are they worth it?

Options
13»

Replies

• Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's alot of replies!.I will prob just add what my hrm says for workouts, but i'm glad everyone is so positive about them. MFP always has major calorie burn differences to my HRM, so I would rely on that more, but I do want to know how lazy I am really. and the sleep thing. I know I sleep awful...alot. It would be good to see if there are patterns to when it's better or worse and if that conincides with the days when I eat REALLY BAD.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Love the fitbit, but do not get the Ultra... The ONE is coming out in the next few weeks, same price. It is sweat proof. I've killed 4 ultras with sweat, rain, damp weather etc... It's the only, draw back with it not being resilient to any moisture, so wait for the one! X
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's alot of replies!.I will prob just add what my hrm says for workouts, but i'm glad everyone is so positive about them. MFP always has major calorie burn differences to my HRM, so I would rely on that more, but I do want to know how lazy I am really. and the sleep thing. I know I sleep awful...alot. It would be good to see if there are patterns to when it's better or worse and if that conincides with the days when I eat REALLY BAD.

I put a bid on didn't expect to,win it - sorreeeee not even surenifmimreally want one! Although the sleepnthingnhad me interested as I sleep terribly. Did you have a bid on it?
  • Libb3C
    Libb3C Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you exercise along with DVD's like Leslie Sansone or work out on an Elliptical, will Fitbit calculate the calories burned?

No. You enter those calories manually into MFP, along with the time you started and ended the activity. This information is then sent to the fitbit website and they adjust your activity for the day.

Mine does - shows intensity. It won't show as floors climbed because you aren't actually going up. I have the Ultra. Love it. As someone else said, I had no idea how little I moved. Now I find reasons to get more steps in!
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    what does it look like on MFP when it logs the "exercise"? Is it something you have to label manually or does it assign a label/title? For example: burned 250 calories doing __________.

Take a look at my diary, it just says "fitbit adjustment" and then the calories.

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    This is a bit off topic. I as well only sleep short periods of time according to FB. Maybe we actually sleep better, it just consideres that we wake up when we turn sides?

If it shows you moving around alot, that means you are not in deep sleep and you may want to consider a sleep study. My husband (who is not over weight) did one and found out he was waking up over 80 times a night and now wears a Cpap mask for sleep apnea. The difference it has made in his life has been amazing.

I have been thinking about it because my husband says I stop breathing and then gasp for air...thanks!

WOW, yeah, that sounds like sleep apnea to me. It took him a few weeks to get used to wearing his mask but now he will wear it when he takes a nap even. The difference in his energy level and mood is amazing. It also keeps him from snoring, so that makes my life better as well.