hungry at night

buffalo77
buffalo77 Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello,

I am new here, and in two weeks, I have lost 5 pounds! It has been amazing. I have been exercising a lot, but eating my exercise calories, and in general, feeling for the most part like I am eating regularly and enough to feel satisfied.

But... I wake up in the middle of the night very hungry. So hungry, in fact, it keeps me awake for a bit before I can go back to sleep. I try to drink a glass of water, but I don't want to eat anything (I don't want my body to get in the habit of being fed in the middle of the night).

I don't know if there is a solution other than getting used to eating less food than I was before, but I guess I was just wondering if this happens to anybody else.

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    You could try eating something full of protein as a snack before bed like almonds, maybe some sliced lunch meat and cheese. It should help with holding you over. I usually stop eating about 2 hrs before bed, but a friend of mine who is very successful at losing weight has a snack within 30 min of going to sleep b/c she used to wake up in the middle of the night hungry. You just have to figure out what works for you.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Do you eat a lot before you go to bed? I find that if I eat a lot and then go to bed I wake up hungry because my stomach has just emptied, however if I eat earlier in the evening my stomach is not going from full to empty like that and it actually helps. Seems backwards, but it helps me.
  • Oh ya! I also struggled with this at first, I have been at this for 17 days now.. I too tried the water but was still uncomfortable so what I did was leave enough calories for a cup of tea with milk at night. If I woke up hungry I would have the cuppa' and the taste and a little milk seemed to do the trick.. now I am not waking up at all! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.