In Germany Trying to get right

Options
2»

Replies

• meenzer
    meenzer Posts: 100
    Options
    HI there... haha ... you do not have to be a beer drinker or Pork eater.... you can find all kinds of chicken and turkey meat in all kinds of stores, once you explore your surroundings a bit more. Get out and ask around, is all you have to do! I loved the farmers market and got most of my veggies and fruits there, knowing it is from local fields. Other then this, you can always get saisonal veggies and fruit in stores, of course you'd have to consider the price and source.

Bodywise you are already on your way, Whey-protein is a good source before your training, I never had the urge to get into this protein thing. But after I've tried it for one week, I think it worked well... so I am giving it a good shot, just have to find a good one with a good cost-benefit ratio!!!! And if you can live with it, a good mixed salad with a piece of meat will round up the day and cal-intake... AND all that you'll find in the data base!!!

May you do well... which I am pretty sure of!!! Oh by the way, I am a german in the US, so I am still getting used to my food intake here... :glasses:
  • MacDHH
    MacDHH Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's not info on US products I am worried about, or the fruits and veg (I am lucky to have a thrice weekly market down the road from where I live, including a bio one) but mostly the bakery stuff :) Bread is my biggest weakness over here, and to top it off, I seem to have a hard time finding the right one in the database (I heard that Hamburg is not even that great when it comes to varieties of bread, but it seems plenty varied to me!).

But I just found that one of the big bakeries here (Hansa Backerei) has nutritional info online, so am using that for to get an idea of the calorie count for a lot of the breads. In case it helps anyone (or am I the only one with a weakness for bakeries?), here is the link: http://www.stadtbaeckerei.de/de/produkte/broetchen.html.
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can add me and join my support group if you want….

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....
  • meenzer
    meenzer Posts: 100
    Options
    I can feel MAC on this one!!! I miss this so darn much!!!
    Before I left, the economy started to come out with a proteinbread/-rolls, for my taste a bit to flat/neutral. But you might like it!
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Hamburg! Anybody who wants to meet up and go running, or can recommend a good gym, feel free to add me!