Not new, but looking for more committed friends.

Options
LeeM86
LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
Hi, people! :)

Yesterday was my 90th day here, and so far so good. I log in everyday, and comment a lot except on weekends when I have less time to be online. The problem is that most of my friends have either stopped logging in, or they go out, eat fast food 3 times a week and then whine about how they lose no weight (sorry if this offends anyone, but it seriously annoys me to see people posting status like: "oops! fell off the wagon again. No problem, back in track tomorrow." thrice a week and then whining because the lose no weight or even put on some pounds). I don't want that kind of influence in my journey, because I'm working hard for what I want and have to say no to a lot of tempting food.

I have lost 37 lbs by learning how to eat healthy (but I have my lil treats here and there as long as they fit my calories goal. In my diary you will see a small cookie here, a chocolate square there, a grilled turkey burger somewhere else,...) and working out on daily basis. I'm all for helping and encouraging each other. I love being there when my pals struggle, or need someone to vent with, or simply want to be silly. I love making friends, not only commenting "wtg!". It's nice to exchange messages, and get to know each other.

What I'm trying to say is that I look for friends who do things the right way but without freaking out every time they eat a cookie. I want this to be my lifestyle, not a diet. And if I'm going to eat like this all my life I will not quit eating stuff I like. I will simply eat small portions, make sure I eat clean the rest of the day, and enjoy it. ;)

I hope I didn't sound *****y, because I swear I'm a nice person hahahaha. I simply want people who is committed to their new lifestyle but without making a big deal of little things.

And, I would be happy to find a challenge buddy (or a couple of them), so we kick each other *kitten* and don't lazy around. I was thinking about finding someone willing to discuss and set some daily/weekly fitness goals. I'm not a fitness pro, so anyone is welcome.

<333

PS: My first goal is to lose 57 lbs, but I want to lose around 31 lbs more once I reach that goal, so a long way to go. ;)

Replies

• PhoebesFit
    Options
    Hi,
    I completely understand where your coming from. I'm working hard to get to healthy. I have my slips. I try to work them in and work them off.

You can add me if you'd like.

And good job so far. Sounds like your doing great for yourself
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    What you're saying makes sense to me...friend request sent.
  • Nicole1989x
    Options
    Iv recently joined and have a long way to go. Feel free to add me
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    we have alot in common :smile: I work out everyday except Saturday, and sometimes Sunday. I'm not on a diet, I am changing the choices I make to healthier ones. I love to cheer, motivate and be motivated, and I log on every day except when I'm out of the country.
    My weight loss has been alot slower than yours however, but that's ok, because this is weight loss that isn't coming back. Congrats on your loss so far!
    Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • LeeM86
    LeeM86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Friend requests sent!

:) Looking forward getting to know you all better.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. I'm working hard to make permanent lifestyle changes. In this for the long haul.

We can never have too many cheerleaders.

Feel free to friend me. you've done an amazing job ... keep up the good work!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hey Hun

Feel free to add me I've been coming on for 196 days so far :)
    I also like to speak to inspirational and motivating people so feel free to add me, and if any of you others want to add me feel free xxx
  • VerucaSult
    VerucaSult Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've only been here about a month but I DO get on daily and try to be a good fitness pal. Looks like your doing amazing on your own and have a great determination but if your looking for new friends feel free to add if you'd like.
  • Knewton1986
    Options
    Hi im new but feel free to add me. I need alot of bum kicking and happy to do the same! I plan to be online daily, no excuse really as i have mfp on my phone!
  • emmyelleNYC
    emmyelleNYC Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! Add me :) I'm looking for someone to motivate me for the days I want to just veg out after work instead of hit the gym/make my own meals lol
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I think tomorrow is my 285th straight day of logging. :) I don't always eat the best, but I'm honest and I don't freak out. I have lost 67lbs even though my ticker says 15. ;) I reset it after we went on vacation in September.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, been on MFP logging virtually every day for over a year now and happy to take on active new friends. Don't friend me if you have an issue with any of the below points:

1) I work out a lot, included in that is a lot of strength training which is mix of interval training and lifting but my sets generally include 15 - 20 reps. I also do a lot of cardio.
    2) I try to eat healthy but I rarely have the time or inclination to source organic produce and cook from scratch and I love sugar and lager.
    3) I eat back most of my exercise calories and always net more than 1200 calories a day.
    4) I am near goal but will stay on when I hit goal to maintain.
    5) I take cheat days.

Sorry if this makes me sound a bit *rsey, but best to be upfront and avoid disapointment :ohwell:
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am a very active MFP user...today is day 250. I welcome all friend requests because I feel that everyone can use support. Not all of my friends are as committed to this as I am, but I recognize each of us have our own path to follow. I offer encouragement and I rejoice in seeing others conquer their goals. We all have different goals, and different obstacles in our way. I like to think as I reach for my goals, others are there to inspire me, just as I'm sure I probably inspire others. If someone falls, I offer a word of encouragement and am always willing to share my experiences if someone thinks it will help. I recognize that some refuse to get up and quit. They are still on my friends list though and it saddens me when I see "XXX hasn't logged in in XXX time." so I will send them a note to try and encourage them. If they REALLY want to quit and don't want to see my sad smiley faces, they can always defriend ME. By them still having an account, I figure they are just not ready, just as I wasn't ready for so many years. But it could be that tomorrow they will be.

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/dirtystacks

Only you can chose your path!
  • santosh222
    Options
    You are so right, it is a lifestyle change. I also think it is an ongoing journey. I have started MFP about 3 months ago and am having some success in reducing my weight. It is amazing what a food diary can do for you if you just care to maintain it and look at it.
    I , too, log in every day. Good work. keep it up.
  • Knewton1986
    Options
    Ive sent you a friend request dirtystacks as any help would be fab
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. My biggest pet peeve on this site is seeing "WTG"s and "Nice job staying under" when all the person has eaten that day is McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts. You sound like the type of friend I appreciate :-)
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi have been logging for about 150 days now I think.. I do also have the odd treat & sometimes the odd blip... The only time I don't log is on holidays or nights out (but only have one of them a month) I'm by no means perfect & dont choose healthy stuff all the time but I do a good job 80% of the time!!.. But when I'm bad I'm bad.. Just look at my diary for last Thursday !!!.... I don't let this rule my life but weight is coming off slowly but surely so I'm happy with that.. Feel free to add me ;))
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    115 days here, I have found the same that there are only 1 or 2 people on my friends list that are regularly logging. I'm suffering serious motivation problems as I try and work of the last 5kg so please feel free to add me :)
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I am also unsympathetic with those who aren't doing this the way I am. I'm already past my goal, trying to stay here for maintenance, tho, because I've lost this weight before and always gained it back with extra each time. I've been around almost 8 months, but only logging here for the last few as I have a BodyMedia Fit Link and have been logging there instead. I like the friends here, so now logging on both.

I try to eat clean, but I have fruit and/or a dessert every day. I workout 5-6 days per week, altho I have been sick this week so haven't worked out normally, and last weekend I went out of town, so I ate differently and didn't exercise other than walking all over the place. I am small in stature, bone structure and weight, so if that bothers you, I understand, but I'm around every day at least for a while, and I provide motivation tempered with constructive criticism. Always looking for like-minded friends.