Your favorite kitchen appliance...

Options
dorothytd
dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
... as I sit here and drink cup #1, I have to say it is my Keurig coffee maker. I love my coffee, and being able to make a fresh cup whenever I want is a big deal for me. So I got one for the office, too! #2 is my mini-chopper (processor), especially when it is guacamole time! What's yours?

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Coffeemaker for me, too! Blender comes in second...
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Coffeemaker for me, too! Blender comes in second...

I figured the blender might be the first response! But I'm glad to see another vote for coffee.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    ... as I sit here and drink cup #1, I have to say it is my Keurig coffee maker. I love my coffee, and being able to make a fresh cup whenever I want is a big deal for me. So I got one for the office, too! #2 is my mini-chopper (processor), especially when it is guacamole time! What's yours?

Mine is the NuWave oven. I love that thing. Perfect baked potatoes in 30 minutes. You can't beat that! :drinker:
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    hand blender whizzy thing... yeah i have a way with words ;) ...i like making soup...
    then my smoothie maker my most favourite pressie ever (um except for my cat... shes possibly my favourite...), even though i havent used it in AGES because it is horrible to clean :(
    x

(i realise these things are interchangeable but they always get used for their proper job :D )
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    garlic-press.jpg
  • dorothytd
    Options
    @Kris - garlic press? You rock - I have totally gotten lazy of late and buy the minced in a jar. Don't hate!
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Mine is the NuWave oven. I love that thing. Perfect baked potatoes in 30 minutes. You can't beat that! :drinker:
    [/quote]

I nuke mine, then put in the oven for a few minutes to get the skin crisp. They're not bad! But I do confess to wanting to buy one of those whenever I see the commercial!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I nuke mine, then put in the oven for a few minutes to get the skin crisp. They're not bad! But I do confess to wanting to buy one of those whenever I see the commercial!

I bought mine from a friend who was moving and didn't want to take it with her. So far, it is everything they promise in the commercials. I did bone-in split chicken breasts from frozen today. I had to remove the potatoes though because they *did* get done faster than the frozen bird. :laugh:
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Good to know! I'm going to stay away from the infomercial today so I won't be tempted!!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Cuisinart coffee maker
    Biggest loser food scale
    Stove
    Ninja chopper
    Kyocera knives
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with this. My Keurig is a lifesaver. Whenever I want a snack in the evening this is what I go to. One cup of hazelnut decaf and I am good. mmmmm
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    My cast iron skillet.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I love my steamer.
  • apatheticLog
    apatheticLog Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    gotta say i love my nutribullet. !!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I love my steamer.

AND
    My cast iron skillet.

I may brag about my NuWave, but I am jealous of both of you! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    #1-my stand mixer, love it! Especially for baking.
    #2-my steamer. The whole family prefers steamed veggies.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    my electronic scales
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee-maker. He is quite sexy and good for cuddling, in addition to knowing how to wield both our finjan and our Italian coffee thingie with excellent results. :blushing:

This isn't really an appliance, but I find my wok to be extremely handy for any dish that combines sauteed stuff with pasta.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My Kitchenaid, it just looks soooooo shiny and nice and it's an essential in mine because I bake a lot!
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My hand mixer. My cakes and ice cream and everything would be lost without it!