Eating Back Exercise Calories

Options
124»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    OK this is kinda on this topic ... Kinda

I understand the idea of eating the extra calories but what is the general thoughts on eating before or after exercise - Logically i can see it both ways
    A) if you eat before you have easy access to energy - then you can give more during exercise
    B) if you eat after you give your body a chance to burn the fat that you have stored to get the energy - and your less likely to throw up.

are either of these theories of mine correct? any advice ... half and half?

If you're talking about cardio, then you should eat a small (100 to 200 calorie), good carb snack about 2 hours before you work out, no need to eat right after, not from a muscle standpoint anyway, if that's your normal time to eat, then fine, but no need to do it just BECAUSE of your workout. This is only true, of course, for cardio. Weight training is different. If you train anaerobically, general consensus is to have a small (i EMPHASIZE SMALL) protein and carb snack immediately after the training, although if you have enough protein during the day normally, this really isn't much of an issue for most of us who are just trying to lose weight or maintain.