Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you want a personal trainer for FREE?

Hi, I am currently training to be a personal trainer. I'm coming to the last stages of my course and have been training clients for about a year as part of the course. Anyway I've been using this site for a few weeks now and thought it might be cool to offer some online personal training for FREE.

So what will it involve: It will be regular MFP/email contact with me, I can help workout plans and nutritional guidance. But also just being their to support you every step of the way! Contact will usually be daily maybe more than once if you want…but personal training is PERSONAL so our first aim would be to figure out what works for you!

As I said, I am not yet qualified so any advice you do choose to take would be given as an MFP friend not as a trainer - but I do know what I am doing :)

If you are interested please send me a PM telling me a little about yourself, your weight and why you want to lose weight….I will then get back to you.

Thanks

Adam

Replies

• mrswhitmore
    mrswhitmore Posts: 9 Member
    Adam, you must've been reading my mind! I am 59 years old and way too heavy. I started MFP on May 28, 2012. I think I was about 350 pounds but didn't have a scale. I bought a scale on June 17 and I am now 296. I had both knees replaced 2 years ago and was in physical therapy summer of 2010 and 2011. I have been trying to lose weight and strengthen my legs. My PT therapist said that since I couldn't walk much for over 10 years it will take a long time to build up to normal. The weight I've lost seems to be coming off of my stomach instead of legs. I walk everyday, missing once in a great while. I've been doing squats lately too trying to work on those thigh muscles. It is hard for me to find exercises that work on the thighs since I cannot kneel. Do you have any suggestions for exercises for thighs while standing?
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    I will send you a PM about this.

Adam
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Adam. I am not going to friend request you for PT advice but I want to friend request you because I am also in the process of becoming a PT myself through IFTA. I am studying for the test and will be taking it November 30th. It would be awesome to have someone to "study" with.
  • AdamBellfpt
    Will accept your friend request so we can chat!
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Awesome!!
  • Sent you a PM. : )
  • AdamBellfpt
    Making my way down the list of messages so will hopefully be replying to you all soon!
  • Take your time! : )
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    I will take you up on your offer!
    Currently crossfitting 2 x days, 1 x cardio & 2-3 heavy weight lifting for the rest of the week.
    My goal is to maintain and seriously tone up. My bug bear is my waist/tummy. Can't rid of it and can't blame my 4 yo 'baby' any longer. Keen to do anything & everything but can't heavy squat due to injury.
    Stats:
    175cm
    139 pounds
    BF - 20.4%
    Any recommendations on food/specific exercises happily received.
  • I don't currently have any questions, Adam, but may need some advice in the future, so I'll add you as a friend for now. Thanks for being willing to help!