What are YOUR fitness goals?

Options
With my scale barely moving, I decided to take my focus off my weight and set goals for things I can actually measure right now.

I want to do an unassisted pull up by Christmas and run a 10K in the spring.

What are some of your goals?

Replies

• saltqueen99
    Options
    I want to look down and see my feet without having to lean forward. My belly sticks out as though I was 7 months pregnant.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Decent shape by next summer to pull off a speedo!

Or be able to pull myself up if I was hanging on a side of a cliff.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Lose 12 pounds and 4% bodyfat by Christmas
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My goal is to break my plateau, and get down to 150 by New years. Thats 11 pounds away. Im going to start jillian Michaels killer abs and then re do the 30 day shred :D
  • amycb03
    amycb03 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do three unassisted pullups and fifty pushups by January.
  • Katythetrant
    Options
    To be a healthy BMI by Xmas, and in the middle of my BMI by the time I go on my summer holidays :-) x:smile:
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Berlin marathon netx September.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Get my abs showing up more prominently and get rid of the extra fold of fat I have just above the waist band, but continued improvement at all exercises and forms of strength is much desirable as well.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone's got some great goals to work on! Good luck to all of you on your upcoming achievements, and thanks for your inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I want to learn to run a 5K by December and 10k by this summer. I would love to do a half marathon next year.

My dream is to be able to run down and around the city and back. (I live about 5 miles from downtown).
  • My Long term goal is to lose my last 30 pounds!!

My Short term goal is to lose 5 pounds by my Birthday ,November 12th!! and another 5 pounds by Christmas!!:laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My most immediate fitness goal is to finish level one of 30 day shred by 10/26.

Secondary goal is to get some money saved to either buy some weights or pay for a membership to have access to a weight room.

My long-term goal is to get below 25% body fat.
  • KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    My goal is to break the plateau that has been haunting me for the past four or five months.

I also aim to attend my morning cardio MMA kickboxing class 3 days a week instead of two.

By Christmas I would like to be down to 150 lbs - a 13 pound weight loss so I can comfortable fit into my jeans.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I've just graduated C25K and have booked in for a 10k in May, so thats my main fitness goal.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My most immediate one is an opportunity my Favorite Zumba instructor offered me...If I would go to every class she teaches for just one week, she would pay any fees for me. I have a flexible job schedule and could ask off for a week in early December and do it. She teaches 2 hours on Mondays, 2 hours on Tuesdays, 3 hours Wednesdays, 2 1/2 hours Thursdays, 2 hours Fridays, and 3 hours Saturdays. Most days there is a long break between classes but on Saturday the only break is driving time from 1 class to the other
  • annie_banannie
    annie_banannie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I want to improve my balance.

The goal is to be able to stand on one leg, unassisted, for *at least* 60 seconds.
  • chinks0113
    Options
    To be at a my goal weight by next summer.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Run a full marathon May 2013 (I'm in training for my 4th half marathon next January so it's not as crazy as it sounds)
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    honestly my only fitness goal is to inspire someone else that was in my same condition to better themselves...

i was at the gym one day and a random lady came up to me and told me i was her inspiration she goes "i see you in here all the time and say to myself if you can do it i can do it"... that is a great feeling to have someone tell you that, lets you know that sweating is showing results.
  • ktleeanderson414
    ktleeanderson414 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    to get my heart rate down to normal and so that when i stand up it doesnt jump to 123 beats per minute :/