What the heck does BUMP mean?

Options
castell5
castell5 Posts: 234 Member
What the heck does BUMP mean when it's posted as a reply to any given topic?

Replies

• elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    when the above poster has a bump on their belly
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    okay seriously....I would like to know too. I am new to MFP and have NO IDEA what it means.
  • WalterWallCarpet
    Options
    It's a post simply to 'bump' the topic back onto the front page of the message board, where it's more likely to be seen by others.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    If you post "bump" it means that you really have nothing to contribute to the post at the moment, or that you don't have time to contribute meaningfully at the moment, but you still want to follow the thread. A "bump" is a reply that puts the topic in the "my topics" category, so you can watch it, or get back to it later if you want. It's a way to prevent it from getting lost in the millions of threads.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It usually means that the poster wants to save that topic for them to look at later. If someone posts a yummy recipe and you want to write it down later, post "bump" or anything, really, and it gets saved under "my topics."
    It also can mean to "bump" the thread back to the top of the most current thread topics.

Hope this helped!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    ALSO: what Walter said LOL I forgot about THAT aspect.
  • WalterWallCarpet
    Options
    ALSO: what Walter said LOL I forgot about THAT aspect.

That's ok - I forgot about the 'My Topics' aspect!!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds it annoying? Like, say you've got 6 pages of replies, but every other response is "BUMP".

Bookmark the damn thing, or email yourself the link if you want to read it later, people! >:[
  • DaBigChief
    Options
    ^^ BUMP ^^ ????