DVD Exchange

Just a thought, exercise DVDs are a great, cost effective and convenient way to work out but doing the same one over and over can get boring and isn't as effective. Rather than spending lots of money to build up a varied collection does anyone fancy doing a DVD exchange??? i.e. members can post on here what DVD(s) they have and are willing to lend someone, and what they'd like to borrow in return.

I think this would also help everyone stay motivated (knowing you only have it for a short time, and have someone else to talk to who's been through the same experience). We could even take it a step further and hold a mini comp to see which DVD is the most effective fat burner, toner or weight loss aid.

I'm in the UK and have got the Natalie Cassidy Here and Now DVD which I'm happy to temporarily swap for something else, are any other UK members that would be up for an exchange?

Replies

• Good idea. I am in the US.
  • I have 30 Day Shred, A medicine Ball work out, and a pilates DVD.
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    It sounds like a very good idea, but what you need to consider is what the cost is to ship the dvd two ways ( to someone and then to return theirs), plus as nice as many people are, not all of us are the best at returning things at the right time.
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Because of the DVD regions (and cost of postage) I think it would only work domestically sweetie, which is gutting because the US workout DVD's are so much better than the English (I miss them so much!). I hope someone else replies that you can switch with tho. Good luck with it x
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Well in the UK registered (insured) postage for a DVD would be about £1.50 each way. I'd rather spend £3 on postage every couple of weeks than keep buying new DVD's!!! As for timings and everything - well I hear what you're saying, and there would have to be an element of trust and respect - but I think most on here are eager to help and support each other.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    There is another site where you post what you are looking for (specific DVD's or general types), you exchange (either one of your DVD's or the cost of postage) DVD's with someone, you keep theirs, they keep yours, so the only cost you incur is the cost to ship your DVD (which in the US is typically less than $3). I think this is a real good thing because, as you state, a person gets bored doing the same thing over and over. Plus, your muscles aren't as efficient after a while.

It would be great if there was a site like this on MFP. Truthfully, most everyone on the other site is honest. Oh, there are a few bad apples, but the percentage is REALLY REALLY small.

So what is everyone's thought?

I'm willing to exchange Karen Voight's Slim Physique, Personal Training with Jackie Crunchless Xtreme abs, Jillian Michaels 6 Week six pack, shed 5 Fast, Stott Pilates the secret to flab abs.

exermom
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    edited April 2018
    Why not just use Youtube, there are a lot of free workouts online from the likes of Fitness Blender, HASFIT, The Body Coach TV, etc. That way you get the benefit of different exercises without having the drama/cost of shipping.