Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to prioritize?

I am a full time teacher. I also work part time in direct sales. My 'mentor' in the direct sales job can be quite overwhelming. Currently, we have 2-4 meetings a month in the evenings. Not only this, I do this job at night by having parties with hosts. I love the part time job and make pretty decent money at it for a part time job HOWEVER, I can't stand going to the meetings. I want to go to the gym and relax at home after working full time at my first job especially if I'll be doing parties other nights that week. Is this wrong? Is it wrong to put my health and well being first? I'm struggling because I've always been a workaholic and I'm feeling a little guilty. Not only this, my mentor doesn't help.

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    I'm an attorney that works upwards o 65+ hours a week. I'm married with a wife who also works a lot and it is important that WE have time together as well. You have to work to find the time to fit in exercise. I usually go into work early, hit the gym and shower before going into the office, or sometimes I run to the gym instead of eating lunch away from my desk. I also use my weekends to get in longer workouts because I know I have more time. If you want it bad enough, you'll find the time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Looks like ur going to have to get up earlier!
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    I was hoping to hear this:

Screw the meetings, go to the gym.

Oh and FYI - my hubby gym it together hence why we go after work. Most days he is out the door for work by 4:30 am.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Yep...you have to look out for number 1:flowerforyou: If you are in direct sales I am assuming it's your own business and the meeting are to inspire you and book more parties etc....I bet you know how to work it...so get your butt to the gym and book a party there :wink: The more you do for you the more you will have for others!! On your mark get set GO!

Good Luck ~ :bigsmile:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    I was hoping to hear this:

Screw the meetings, go to the gym.

Oh and FYI - my hubby gym it together hence why we go after work. Most days he is out the door for work by 4:30 am.

LOL... well right now in your life you are gonna hafta 'work your health' workouts around your busy schedule!! and with time change in a few wks it will be nice and bright early!!! gotta go walk it or gym it before your day starts.. with or w/out the hubby..
    and of course KILL IT on wknds! LOL
  • am12341
    am12341 Posts: 23
    I'm a full time university student, and I made the choice to make the gym my part time job this year. To the point where I've scheduled my workouts in my phone like I would shifts at work. Yeah, I'll have a little more debt when I graduate, but I'll be healthier and happier and I'll have the habits and skills I need to stay that way.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Since it's a direct sales job, your "mentor" can't fire you, right. Tell them that you want to be successful, but that the meetings are to frequent for you with all the parties you booked. Agree to attend 1 meeting every 4-6 weeks to touch base. Then get your tail to the gym with your husband and have some time getting fit together.
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Since it's a direct sales job, your "mentor" can't fire you, right. Tell them that you want to be successful, but that the meetings are to frequent for you with all the parties you booked. Agree to attend 1 meeting every 4-6 weeks to touch base. Then get your tail to the gym with your husband and have some time getting fit together.

Thank you!!!