Off Topic, Free UPS shipping to Haiti!

allyson2212
allyson2212 Posts: 42
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
UPS is shipping anything under 50lbs for free to Haiti. You can send food clothes or shoes...and American Airlines is taking doctors and nurses to Haiti for free. Please call 212-697-9767. Spread the word...Red Cross needs Creole speaking volunteers for a 24hr phone bank. Call Mr. Wilfrid @ 305-776-6900 ASAP...Please Repost this Information

I got this from my other group, I think its great!

Replies

• kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Its a hoax hun, the American Airlines part anyway, rumour started in Miami and has been all over facebook this weekend. I don't know about the UPS or Red Cross part though
  • AndreaLee
    AndreaLee Posts: 23 Member
    Sorry, also the UPS is a rumour only. If you type in the line Free UPS shipping to Haiti on your search engine, you will see several news agencies have stated that UPS is not shipping to Haiti right now, but has suspended operations.
  • Snopes says that the UPS thing is false, too -- they can't ship anything to Haiti right now because of the condition of the roads and the fact that no routine traffic is going into the airport. The company is making a major donation to relief efforts, though.

There's no mention of the need (or not) for phone-bank volunteers.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/haiti.asp

If you haven't been there before, the Snopes website is a *great* place for checking out the validity of all those "please forward" messages that flood our inboxes!
This discussion has been closed.