Feeling low, need general support

Recently I've been feeling really low about my life, my self-esteem and motivation have gone down the toilet and I'm struggling to get my life in order.
This isn't just weight/fitness wise, but just my life in general and I just need some support on my off days and will give support back whenever needed. I guess I just need a friend who'll put up with me moaning about how much "my life sucks *kitten*" :)
Also any one who can give me any advice on how to overcome low feelings, low motivation and becoming organised and having a more structured life and stuff like that would be great.

Replies

• Sorry you're feeling so low... I can relate to how you feel... For me, The person i go to when i'm low, Is Jesus. He has done so much in my life. Brought me out of a lot of sad and gloomy times. And I know I can go to him at anytime, for anything. Tuff times come, but I know i always have a place to go. So I"ll pray for you. I hope things get better for you. Take Care, Julie.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    I have the same problem sometimes. Things I've found that help me so far:
    1. Eliminate negative people and thoughts from your life as much as possible.
    2. Set small, short-term goals. I always feel good about myself when I accomplish something.
    3. Try to set a schedule and plan ahead, but realize that not everything can be structured, and let it go when things don't go as planned.
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy, I've been on MFP since the first part of the year. I have reached my goal and continue to log to keep myself in check. I enjoy providing motivation, support and the occasional butt kicking into gear post. It helps make the journey easier having MFP buddies.
    Enewsome2 is correct negative people attracts negative everything. Slowly remove that out of your life and your thoughts. Not easy, but doable. Her second statement is right on target, grab the low hanging fruits first. A quick win is still a win and a good start.
    Her third statement good, I will add my addition to it by saying if it doesn't go your way. Adjust and learn from the results, so the next time you are prepared or have a different plan. But by all means hope for the best, give power of thought to the results you want.
    Dragonflyz76 has a good point the power of prayer, positive thoughts for a positive outcome.
    I wish you all the luck in your quests.