y do i gain weight fast?

Options
ok here is the thing! i lose weight in a heek of a time! and then if i let go of working out and eating right for 3 or 4 days! i gain everything i lose right back! i hear that people gain back after one month of NOT eating right and not working out! but y am i different? is there anything i can do to fix this? please help!

Replies

• SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Counting calories
    Understanding that body weight is made of many components - fat, muscle, water, glycogen, food, etc
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Water retention from all the carbs maybe?
  • mommie_on_a_mission
    Options
    bump
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Water retention from all the carbs maybe?

really! first time to know that carbs can cause that! i have been eating high carbs! like 150 macros
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    because you loss the weight to fast you were probably on a diet that couldnt last long time...

if you learn to eat and workout properly you dont really have to worry about regressing back to your old self.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I would love to know but I am in the same position. Seriously slow weekly progress, often none at all, then I can have one bad day just one, where I have a pudding, or silly thing like that, and pounds go on over the next 2 or 3 days. Then I go back down slowly till the following weigh in, and look like nothing's happened, when it was really just one bad choice. And no, I do not binge, I am prretty much always under my calorie goal.
  • Cerebrus189
    Options
    Typically when I eat grain carbs, I retain water for about a week. I eat mostly veggie carbs now, and I don't yo-yo any more. I usually eat less than 100 fruit and veggie carbs a day now. I cannot tolerate grains due to gluten intolerance and an autoimmune reaction (swelling and painful joints). Feel free to look at how I eat. I follow a lower carb/high fat/adequate protein diet and I don't work out excessively :) I've had great luck with it so far, losing easily and learning a lot about food choices.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I would love to know but I am in the same position. Seriously slow weekly progress, often none at all, then I can have one bad day just one, where I have a pudding, or silly thing like that, and pounds go on over the next 2 or 3 days. Then I go back down slowly till the following weigh in, and look like nothing's happened, when it was really just one bad choice. And no, I do not binge, I am prretty much always under my calorie goal.

are you tracking your measurements or are you just relying on a silly number on the scale
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Each 3500 calories you consume will be 1lb gain. All the carbs will also make you hold water, and if your eating salty food that will too. Get your carbs in check, drink lots of water and most of it will go away! X
    Also you are not different! X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Typically when I eat grain carbs, I retain water for about a week. I eat mostly veggie carbs now, and I don't yo-yo any more. I usually eat less than 100 fruit and veggie carbs a day now. I cannot tolerate grains due to gluten intolerance and an autoimmune reaction (swelling and painful joints). Feel free to look at how I eat. I follow a lower carb/high fat/adequate protein diet and I don't work out excessively :) I've had great luck with it so far, losing easily and learning a lot about food choices.

I'm worried for your next blood results with all the fat on your diary.. Such a lack of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Not being funny but don't think this is a good idea long term. No offense just a little advice! Zara
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

What are your main sources of veggie carbs and alternatives? I'm thinking I need to change a lot of that myself. I have autoimmune disorders and I'm noticing this week especially, lots of water retention and discomfort.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Each 3500 calories you consume will be 1lb gain. All the carbs will also make you hold water, and if your eating salty food that will too. Get your carbs in check, drink lots of water and most of it will go away! X
    Also you are not different! X

am eating 1.200 and 1.227 max!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    its water weight. u are loosing water weight and then when u let loose u r eating high carbs and high sodium probably so then the weight comes right back. u need to be consistant for a month or two to see real progress.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    its water weight. u are loosing water weight and then when u let loose u r eating high carbs and high sodium probably so then the weight comes right back. u need to be consistant for a month or two to see real progress.

yessssss you are right! i really need to do that! but how :'( any advice?
  • sabrinafaith
    Options
    also, most of your carbs should be high fiber carbs so that it helps flush things out of your system. white bread will help you retain water. so will rice.
  • Cerebrus189
    Options
    I'm worried for your next blood results with all the fat on your diary.. Such a lack of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Not being funny but don't think this is a good idea long term. No offense just a little advice! Zara

Best cholesterol results ever actually! My HDL has gone up by 20 pts and my LDL dropped 18. I've done tons of research on diet, fat, and overall health. Doctors are befuddled by my result as it goes against everything they've ever studied to be true. I get plenty of fiber, vitamins and minerals, probably much more than you do. I wouldn't worry about me too much.

Oh and triglycerides are at 57, just in case you were wondering.
  • sabrinafaith
    Options
    keep track and plan meals in advance to see how they fit into your daily macros. thats the only way to be sure... also drink 10+ glasses of water a day even on days you let loose. if you are working our, drink 12-14 glasses a day and limit to 2000 mg/sodium a day.
  • ladybug1867
    Options
    I feel like these days all i have to do is look at food or smell it and my weights going back up.
  • Cerebrus189
    Options
    What are your main sources of veggie carbs and alternatives? I'm thinking I need to change a lot of that myself. I have autoimmune disorders and I'm noticing this week especially, lots of water retention and discomfort.

Main sources of veggie carbs are from vegetables, all vegetables in vast amounts at every meal. I've finally kicked the sugar beast and burn fat insted of glycogen as my main source of energy. When I gave up grains, all of the gas, water retention, bloating, etc were gone, as well as the joint pain. I am currently following an Autoimmune Paleo protocol to see which foods trigger even minor joint pain and so my foods are super strict right now. Feel free to friend me if you want to know more.