iphone Interval Timer??

Options
Any recommendations on a iphone app that is a interval timer? Free would be great!

I have a cardio workout that I want to enter, it is basically 30 seconds on, 15 seconds off, but I want to be able to enter the names of the exercises, have sound alerts that will play over the music and be able to save my routine.

If you guys know of one that fits the bill let me know! I have been searching the apps but there are literally hundreds and some do one thing but not another.

Replies

• smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    "Seconds", available free or paid for if you want to keep specific interval sets. I use it a lot, can also play music if you want as well
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had looked at that one..but it I would need to upgrade to save my routines..
    Any other free apps out there that people like for interval timers??
  • grover0ca
    Options
    no one else uses a timer??
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper might do this now. I use Jog Log, which I believe costs $1.99. LOVE it. Super customizable.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Oh wait, not sure that you can name your segments other than run/walk/etc. I'll check.

ETA: RunKeeper doesn't do it at all. Jog Log, you can do your intervals but you can only do them as "Run/High" "Jog/Moderate" "Walk/Low" or warm up or cool down.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Gymboss. I don't use it because i have a Blackberry, but I think thats what you are looking for.
  • emih29
    emih29 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Gymboss

its AWESOME
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I use intervaltimer pro
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I use intervaltimer pro

Me too - allows you to set your high / low intervals and plays music.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    for tabata I use "tabata pro" but you can't name your segments.

for running i use runmeter, and you can give specific names to your segments as well as define distance or time as your segments.
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

for running i use runmeter, and you can give specific names to your segments as well as define distance or time as your segments.

For Tabata I use Gymboss...it has the settings pre programmed but you can make your own settings as well.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

For Tabata I use Gymboss...it has the settings pre programmed but you can make your own settings as well.

you can make your own settings in tabata pro and have several customized timing intervals, you just can't name the first 8 "jump squats" the second 8 "log hops" the 3rd 8 "v-ups" etc, which is what i think she is looking for.
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Gymboss

its AWESOME

^^^ THIS
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yep, RunKeeper will let you set up interval workouts and save them -- as well as do a lot of other things, even with the free version.

"Easy Intervals" is a pretty basic, free interval timer that will let you save workouts. I haven't used it extensively, so can't give an informed review. It's on my phone, I used it once, it worked...
  • grover0ca
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks for the recommendations, i will check them out.

my intervals will be for different exercises..that is why i want to name them so I can see them at a glance and not worry about remembering which exercise i should be doing.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned "Zombies, Run!" It's awesome for interval training.