Lemon Dill Chicken With Orzo and Feta

rinren84
rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Everyday Food recipe we tried tonight. Enough to feed at least 6-8 people with this recipe and DELICIOUS! Really has that comfort food vibe.

Ingredients

4 cups low-sodium 99% fat free chicken broth
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pound orzo
2 cups crumbled reduced fat feta (4 ounces)
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (I skipped the lemon zest as I was lazy)
1 cup grated Parmesan

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a saucepan, bring broth, 3/4 cup water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil.
2. In a 3-quart baking dish (I used a large 9x13 casserole), combine chicken, orzo, feta, dill, lemon zest and juice. Pour broth mixture over orzo and stir once to incorporate.
3. Bake until orzo is tender and cooking liquid is creamy, 40 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan on top and let stand 5 minutes before serving.

If you search for Erin's Homemade - Lemon Dill Chicken With Orzo and Feta the nutrition facts are there for you. 1 cup of this should be about 250 calories!

Replies

• olivianjohnsmom
    olivianjohnsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Yummy!! I will have to make this!! Thanks for posting!!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    This does sound delicious!
  • kann007
    kann007 Posts: 15
    Sounds really good, I think I will try it tomorrow!
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    I am trying really hard not to go back in the fridge and eat some more cold out of the tupperware! LOL It really was that good. So comforting, but also very light!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Sounds absolutly amazing! Im making this tommorow night!Thanks! i make this parmesan dill lemon orzo mixture as a side sometimes that sounds very similar, cant wait to try this cuz i LOVE feta!
  • sounds yummy. thanks for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.