Creating a weekly menu

Options
Does anyone have a simple resource that helps them build a menu for the week? By resource I mean a website, cooking book, or "mom's 'ol favorites" list from home. I'm cooking/preparing for myself and I do eat leftovers, so cooking in bulk is not a problem.

Looking for a "springboard" idea to generate some healthy food. Thank you in advance for the replies. :glasses:

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    What I do is make meat the core of my shopping list, based off whatever I can get for the best price that payday. Then I will enter the name of the meat in a Google search and find something to make with it. I also have lists that we have created before of dinners that the family likes. Once I have dinners covered, the rest of my list is just the normal staples.

I have yet to see a good resource on this. I will be interested if someone has found one.
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    I like www.allrecipes.com You can plan a menu, make a grocery list, and look up a recipe all on the same site. You can also favorite recipes you like so that you have a virtual recipe box. I also like their app so I can look up recipes when I forget my grocery list at home.
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Cleaneating.com has menus with recipes and shopping lists include for free. Their monthly magazine has the same.