#$@*& Keurig Machine!!!

Options

Replies

• a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    But they create so much waste :sad: Many municipal recycling facilities do not accept #5 (which k-cups, among many other products are made from) and they just end up in the landfills. [/highhorse]

I just make a whole regular pot of coffee... and then drink said pot all by myself :drinker:

Only if you use the pre-filled K-cups. My husband and I adore our Keurig. We both have the My K-cup that you fill with any coffee, then brew, rinse after use and use again. It is better for us because we rarely want a cup at the same time, but we both drink lots of coffee.

Oh I like that! I did not know they had those. I just see the garbage can filled daily with the individual ones at work.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    So unplugging it works? To think all this time when mine stopped working I just slammed it on the counter a few times (which also works) haha :laugh:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Keurig, I'd definitely replace it if something ever happened to it. *knock on wood*
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I'd replace. I love my Keurig!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    My vote it to get another too. I love my keurig. I could never make a decent cup of coffee until I got it. LOL.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    We've got this cuisinart Keurig format machine. It's awesome.

http://www.cuisinart.com/ipad/products/coffee_bar/ss-700
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ours died too. It pained me to toss it in the trash!! We ended up sticking with the trusty Cuisinart twelve cupper since it was getting pricey for the two of using K Cups every day! I do miss the convenience but my wallet has extra money...
  • fatonthemountain
    Options
    agree. buy a new one. i'm working on my second. the first one lasted about a year and a half and the second one is working on the same. whenever they would act up i'd clean it with the vinegar and clean out the needle with a paperclip. unplugging it has also worked for me. i keep a spare so i'm one ahead and don't have to miss out on my coffee.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand the appeal, can someone please explain it to me? Plus it seems expensive to buy those little cups. Maybe I am a coffee snob, but there is joy in grinding your own coffee, the smell of Sumatra or Tanzanian Peaberry wafting through my kitchen, and as a bonus my gardenias and azaleas love the grounds.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand the appeal, can someone please explain it to me? Plus it seems expensive to buy those little cups. Maybe I am a coffee snob, but there is joy in grinding your own coffee, the smell of Sumatra or Tanzanian Peaberry wafting through my kitchen, and as a bonus my gardenias and azaleas love the grounds.

you don't have to use k-cups you can put your own coffee grounds into it with an attachment.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    When mine broke (B70 Platinum, $180), I sold it on Ebay for $60 (people buy the broken ones to harvest good replacement parts, like the water reservoir, drip tray, etc, plus they might know how to fix the problem).
    Then I put that $60 towards a lower model for $119...
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I would call Keurig. When mine died, I was able to get a deal on a new one but mine was 16 months old when it died

Pam
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I think the biggest appeal for me is the ability to make just one serving. I'm the only coffee drinker in my home, and most days I only want/need one small cup - making a whole pot (or half pot) would be silly.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I drink too much coffee for a keurig machine to be a fiscally sound purchase! I love my 14 cup kitchen aid coffee pot though!

My husband said this. He can drink a pot by himself if it's available.

Now he's converted, too. But I order coffee from websites like shoffee.com at much better prices. :-)
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a french press.
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Call the Keurig company, mine was 3.5 years old and they replaced it for free. :love:
  • roundrunner
    roundrunner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you buy a new one, be sure to apply for the rebate ($20-$50 depending on what you buy). Go here for the rebate form: http://www.keurig.com/rebate
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Replace it. I love ours.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

I think the biggest appeal for me is the ability to make just one serving. I'm the only coffee drinker in my home, and most days I only want/need one small cup - making a whole pot (or half pot) would be silly.

That makes sense then for someone such as yourself. If I made one cup instead of one pot of coffe, my hubby would leave me. Probably my daughter too, LOL.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i love my keurig, so i would say get another:)