I went to an amusement park last night

Options

Replies

• irishdes
    irishdes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this myself at Cedar Pointe years ago, so I know the mortification that is felt. My husband is also naturally thin so has no idea what people with weight issues go thru. he also tries to be "sweet" and bring not so healthy choices home, I have just had to fight my own addictions and I turn it down now. Just be strong and you can do this, MFP is a fantastic site for support and motivation, so use the site to your advantage. Add me as a friend.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your experience I know before we went to restaurants I used to look at the web site to try to see if I could fit in the chairs no booths unless I could move the table and no captains chairs with arms if I saw these we picked another restaurant I dont have this problem anymore and I can tell you one thing whenever someone brought in something after asking I either would leave it in the bag or just drop it in the trash I dont care if it isnt making people happy but I have to eat right despite anyone else and you should also If your husband brings things you dont want just leave it on the table tell him to eat it no heart to heart or long conversations
  • HealthyMe46
    HealthyMe46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This is what this site is all about - support - with or without others in the "real world." :wink:
  • JourneyToBaby
    Options
    Thank you all so much! You are all so amazing!

I cried just typing this - but like someone said - this will be the moment that changed my life. I know how to lose weight. Now I just have to do it.

I have a big sign on my fridge. It says 62 pounds to go. I also hung up a pair of my " sexy jeans " - from when we got married last July ( 35 lbs ago) on my bathroom door, so every time I shut the door and look in the mirror, I will see them.

I am proud of myself today. I got on the elliptical twice for 15 minutes each time. I also only drank water.

My first goals are to cut out the soda had the fast food and to get in 30 minutes of exercise a day
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience - but don't let this get you down.

Think of this day not as a day of failure - but as a new beginning. Now you have the motivation you need to succeed. Think about how wonderful it is going to feel when you get to ride the Mantis next year (although Millenium Force is my favorite :D). The front car of the Mantis always gives me a headache anyway ;-)

Cedar point is going to be much more fun next year anyway with the new rollercoaster coming out and all. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Think about how much of a blast next year will be and how proud of yourself you will be when you reach your goals.

My biggest piece of advice:
    1) Focus on diet - eat clean and do your best every day
    2) If you have a bad eating day don't give up. Just make tomorrow better.
    3) Suggest to your husband new treats he can bring you to show you that he cares - like flowers or some yummy fruit salad! Maybe even items so that you can make fat free smoothies together instead of those milkshakes!
    4) Start small with exercise. Try to move around a little more each day. Every little bit counts.
    5) Drink plenty of water! It reduces appetite and is necessary for hydrolyzing fat. Green tea is great too :)

Feel free to friend me if you want some extra motivation. I'm way too big of a cedar point fan to see you not meet this goal. You can do it!!
  • ktaylor1105
    ktaylor1105 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain; If my husband and I go alone we just don't ride the roller coasters with the chest harness, and then the others are a tight squeeze. we shall conquer, and be riding any ride we want by open next year!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Oh Honey you got this now I hope your husband supports you and if he doesnt you have to find a way to do this with out him stay strong and send us a message in May telling us how much fun you had on all the rides:)
  • elirhi
    elirhi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I wish you much luck. I actually have lost 105lbs so far. I am super excited. I still have 40 or so to go before I reach my goal but it has been an incredible 18 month journey. I am now smaller then I have ever been in my adult life. I didn't make it there this year but I cannot wait to take my kids and my husband to Cedar Point next year. I haven't been since grade school because I knew I would have trouble fitting in some of the rides. I successfully avoided 3 trips there that were planned when I was in high school and since moving back to the area 10 years ago I have never wanted to go... but finally I will go and I will be able to go on the rides... and you will too. Best of luck! You can do it!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    My husband was very similar. Last July, I made a decision, although he can bring home my favorites I am in control of what is going in my mouth. Once I decided/figured that out, it has been much easier. My husband was supportive for about 2 weeks, then would panick and bring home a bunch of crap. Well I would portion my calories out and might have a little, but mostly I would put on a high shelf in the pantry. I was in control of what went in my mouth. I make the choice, not what's in the house. As for exercise, I started exercising at lunch. That way it didn't interrupt our time. I have lost weight, not as quick as I would like (I've had some medications to thank for that) but I'm less now than I was. Guess what, he is slowly coming on board and starting to lose himself.

ps Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I know all to well how you felt. I started out at a much higher weight than you are at, but want you to know that you aren't alone and that it is possible to achieve your goal. My best advice is to change your mindset and make this a lifestyle change rather than a "diet" Also set smaller goals rather than focusing on the big picture. If you have the determination and are willing to do the work that it takes, you will get there. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You WILL do it! My family is making tentative plans to go to Harry Potter World at the end of March and I'm worried. Even at my heaviest, I've never had any trouble at any of the Disney Parks but Universal Studios was many, many pounds ago. Since it would be my family's first time there, I don't know what to expect of the new rides. I had trouble on one of the rollercoasters at Busch Gardens when I was a lot thinner than I am now. I don't want to repeat that :embarassed:

You have the opportunity to transform yourself by May and so do I. :flowerforyou:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    When I started this I asked hubby one thing - "You can have all those treats you like dear - just PLEASE don't bring them home!"

He's been wonderful about it. (My hubby is also naturally thin, like yours). Sometimes they don't get it until you are very blunt, but then they do their best to help.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I wish you much luck. I actually have lost 105lbs so far. I am super excited. I still have 40 or so to go before I reach my goal but it has been an incredible 18 month journey. I am now smaller then I have ever been in my adult life. I didn't make it there this year but I cannot wait to take my kids and my husband to Cedar Point next year. I haven't been since grade school because I knew I would have trouble fitting in some of the rides. I successfully avoided 3 trips there that were planned when I was in high school and since moving back to the area 10 years ago I have never wanted to go... but finally I will go and I will be able to go on the rides... and you will too. Best of luck! You can do it!

YAY!
  • GetteJ
    GetteJ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Those sound like realistic goals! One step at a time...
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I love Ceder Point!
  • Asavitzk
    Options
    Good luck - your goal is within your reach and I'm sure you'll get there now that both of you had what others have rightly called the "lightbulb moment". Way to turn a bad day into a positive!
  • CandyDiehardBAMF
    CandyDiehardBAMF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Something similar happened to me when I was about 20, never rode another ride again and I'm 32 now. =/ At least you tried the tester seats, that sounds embarrassing, but not as bad as getting on the ride and having to get off because you're too fat. The thing that sucked in my case is that it was a bar across a row of people, my fat thighs were the reason the bar would not go down and I got kicked off the ride. My (now ex) best friend stayed on the ride, flirted with the guys around her, and acted like nothing happened when she got off. I waited completely mortified, holding back tears, until she got off the ride.

I'm really proud of you for choosing to make the changes while you are still young, I have over 10 years of my life now that I haven't lived quite to the fullest because of my weight. I'm glad your husband saw your need for his support too!

An amusement park next year in July is also my motivation for the year, we can do this! =D
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am adding you as a friend. I am sorry that your husband doesn't quite understand. I would love to help support you in this journey. I know it is tough, but you can do it. And I hope that from now on, your husband will be more understanding as well.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    I have a very similar story as well, and the was what ultimatlly got me into this healthy lifestyle. Just keep this story close, anytime your strugiling or wanting to give up, just remember this feeling, and it will push you through. YOu have a great goal, and motivation for next year, and I'm sure you'll do great.

Feel free to add me if you want some extra motivation.
  • sunnybeth33
    Options
    Put a picture of that amusement park on the fridge...and I have a dress hanging up above where I keep my running shoes because that is what I want to fit in, and the shoes will get me there...As a daily reminder say...heyyyyy this is what you want...well this is what you have to do to get there!!!! I look forward to watching your journey to ride those rides!!!