Ran my 1st ever 5K race today!!!! :)

Options

Replies

• Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Running races can be addictive! Consider yourself warned! Good job!

Thank you so much, & that's what I've been told by quite a few people (I'm already looking forward to the next one) :wink:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Hey, I did too today! *High Five*

Awesome!!!!! High-5 right back at ya!! :smile:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Just did my first today too!!! Way To Go!! And yes that's my goal too!!

Thank you, & that's awesome that you did yours today too (Way to go!!!!) :smile:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous, great time too! Sooo, when's your next one? :wink:
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Awesome Mate. i couldnt run the lenght of myself atm
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud!! That is an awesome time!! Congrats!
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Way To Go!! :drinker: What was your time? If you don't mind sharing? Congratulations!

Thank you! (38.19)
    AWESOME!!!! I'm running a 5K on Thanksgiving morning. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Congratulations! Mine is next weekend - gulp! :)
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    GOOD ON YOU! Isn't it a great feeling when you finish the run?! And when you realise that you can and are doing something you previously doubted. You have achieved something really wonderful, and it is so cool that you shared your moment with us all.

I had run years ago, but it was definitely not my favourite thing. Now it is the easiest way of exercising outdoors with my youngest daughter (oldest - 8 - comes with us on her bike when she is not in school), and I am decidedly hooked. It always makes me smile when I read about the joy someone else is experiencing, because it makes me feel like I am sharing my excitement and new-found love and appreciation of running with others.

So happy for you, and looking forward to hearing more posts from you about future runs.

Well done

Wil
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations!

I do not run either (yet) - and starting with a 5k is a personal goal of mine too! Congrats on hitting your milestone :happy:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    That's fabulous, great time too! Sooo, when's your next one? :wink:

Thank you so much!! :smile: (I might do a Halloween one...& I know I definately want to do the Santa Hustle one in December)...looking forward to running them now (the feeling during the race & afterwards is incredible!!) :smile:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Awesome Mate. i couldnt run the lenght of myself atm

Thank you so much! :smile:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud!! That is an awesome time!! Congrats!

Thank you sooooo much!!! :smile:
  • GaPeachRealtor
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Way To Go!! :drinker: What was your time? If you don't mind sharing? Congratulations!

Thank you! (38.19)
    AWESOME!!!! I'm running a 5K on Thanksgiving morning. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Thank you so much!!! (and good luck in your race..you will do awesome!!!!) :smile:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Congratulations! Mine is next weekend - gulp! :)

Thank you!!! (good luck next weekend in your race.....you will do great!!!!) :drinker:
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    GOOD ON YOU! Isn't it a great feeling when you finish the run?! And when you realise that you can and are doing something you previously doubted. You have achieved something really wonderful, and it is so cool that you shared your moment with us all.

I had run years ago, but it was definitely not my favourite thing. Now it is the easiest way of exercising outdoors with my youngest daughter (oldest - 8 - comes with us on her bike when she is not in school), and I am decidedly hooked. It always makes me smile when I read about the joy someone else is experiencing, because it makes me feel like I am sharing my excitement and new-found love and appreciation of running with others.

So happy for you, and looking forward to hearing more posts from you about future runs.

Well done

Wil

Thank you so much!!! (Yes, it is a great feeling, especially since 5 months ago I would have never imagined it). I started out walking, then power walking, but a couple good friends suggested running & I thought "no way can I do this"..tried it, and gradually added time and distance...now I'm loving it (its the sense of accomplishment that you feel). Looking forward to doing more 5K's, working more on gradually getting my time better, and working towards the goal of a half marathon 6 months from now...

That is great that your daughter goes with you also...it's important to get children involved. I've taken my daughter (who will be 9 in December) a couple times on her bike, & she loves getting out there and having fun with me...& my son is very athletic with football, etc etc, & what made me the happiest yesterday was he & his friends were handing out water at the water station during the race & when I ran by he said "good job mom, go mom", and then at the end of the race he yelled "great job mom" as I ran in, and was at the finish line giving me a hug afterwards...he's so proud his mom is getting healthier and is a huge supporter of me. :smile:

Thank you again, & wishing you a wonderful day!!
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    hurrah. I have just started C25k. Feeling inspired.
  • jabmzmom
    Options
    If you would have told me 5 months ago that I'd be running, let alone running a 5K race today, I would have thought you were crazy!! ......but I did it today!! It felt so incredible going out there and running 3.1 miles nonstop! :smile:

Next on my agenda is working harder on getting a faster 5K time, and I've also registered for a half marathon race 6 months from now (starting on a training plan tomorrow to get myself ready for it)
  • Sbehlmer
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations!

I do not run either (yet) - and starting with a 5k is a personal goal of mine too! Congrats on hitting your milestone :happy:

Thank you so much!!!!! :smile:

You can definately do it!! Every single day is a new day, and a new day to work towards your goal. :smile:

Wishing you a wonderful day!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!