It gets harder the lighter I get?!

Options
As above really. It's logical, but I can't believe that the lighter I get the harder I have to exercise to burn those calories. It is frustrating and slightly disappointing. Any suggestions as to how anyone has overcome this?
Ty

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Increase your intensity. Lift more, run faster/longer, etc.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I keep losing weight, but my gut is still there. It doesn't look like I'm pregnant with twin whales anymore, but I still have a little gut.
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    As above really. It's logical, but I can't believe that the lighter I get the harder I have to exercise to burn those calories. It is frustrating and slightly disappointing. Any suggestions as to how anyone has overcome this?
    Ty

I recently started wearing ankle weights to bootcamp. WIll boost up to wrist weights eventually as well as I become lighter.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Or exercise more. Or both.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who took this thread title the wrong way?:blushing: :laugh:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Ty

I recently started wearing ankle weights to bootcamp. WIll boost up to wrist weights eventually as well as I become lighter.

THIS! Weight vest, ankle weights, walk around with a backpack with weight--It will burn more cals.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Think in terms of percentage. At 300 pounds, 10% of your weight is 30 pounds. At 150 pounds, 10% of your weight is 15 pounds, but 30 pounds are 20% of your weight. Losing 20% of your weight is much harder than 10%. Hope that helps!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the same thing. And just about everyone will say that the last few pounds are the hardest to lose. No matter what the math says.

I've come a long way and even though I still have a long way to go my heart must be getting healthier. I used to be able to get my heart rate in the weight loss zone by playing Wii tennis. Now it's basically just a warm-up or just for fun because it doesn't get my heart rate high enough for a good workout.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    I'm finding the same thing. And just about everyone will say that the last few pounds are the hardest to lose. No matter what the math says.

I've come a long way and even though I still have a long way to go my heart must be getting healthier. I used to be able to get my heart rate in the weight loss zone by playing Wii tennis. Now it's basically just a warm-up or just for fun because it doesn't get my heart rate high enough for a good workout.

^^ The heart benefits GREATLY from exercise in this way. The harder you have to work to get your blood pumping, the heart has to work harder too. I see patients who are normally, what we call, "bradycardic" or below the normal threshold of beats per minute. Much of the time, this is seen in fit patients who exercise a lot. The longer you continue to train your heart to fuel your body the better it gets at it. You can fend off a lot of heart problems this way and won't cost you a DIME. I can tell a difference in my own resting heart rate when I consistently exercise. :)