How do you treat yourself?

Options

Replies

• tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    I have an Drumstick (ice cream) every night.
    Hmmmm.. Don't know if the ice cream EVERY night will work well with my plans! lol.
    it works for me, i still lose weight, but i do the hard work too....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    lol.. Hey, whatever works! :happy:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I never reward myself with food. There are already birthdays and holidays which offer more than ample opportunity to overeat.

I like clothes and music. And a cruise this winter sounds good too. :)
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I don't actually, never thought of it that way as I'm so happy to be on the path I'm on...
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Guilt free Thrift Store shopping!!!!! :D
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I take a photo and write my new weight on it. That never fails to make me feel amazing!

Once I reach my goal weight though, I absolutely plan to go get my nipples pierced. That will be my ultimate reward; I've been wanting to do it FOREVER!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I bought some size 34 jeans when they fit and I'll buy some 32s when they fit as well. Don't really need a reward aside from looking in the mirror and measuring my progress.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have no choice to get new clothes when i can't fit my old one!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have an Drumstick (ice cream) every night.
    Hmmmm.. Don't know if the ice cream EVERY night will work well with my plans! lol.
    it works for me, i still lose weight, but i do the hard work too....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I am on maintence now... I eat a snickers ice cream almost every night :flowerforyou:
  • RoseRoiz
    Options
    A massage, pedicure, manicure , facial!!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Oh, to answer ur question. I got side tracked by ice cream talk! I buy clothes :love:
  • shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    PHOTO SHOOT! Seriously can't wait for the day when I like how I look in a photo that someone else takes of me. I'm a photographer and I know how a good photograph can boost someones self-esteem, especially one that hasn't been photoshopped.

My next NSV I hope is to fit into my engagement dress again, and get a photo shoot done in it.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Beer because new clothes are more expensive, but I do try to buy a new piece here and there :D
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    do not treat yourself with food, you are not a dog :)
    so..CLOTHES of course hahaha
    or new gym gear or something
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    clothes, piercings, tattoos, and makeup.
    I never reward with food...it seems counterproductive.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    new clothes usually. so far it's mostly been workout wear
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I have lost 6.8 pounds since starting mfp about a couple of weeks ago. I haven't treated myself yet but when I get under 200 pounds I will be buying me some new and much needed jeans.

That is fabulous!

If I get to where I want to be, I've been eyeing this pretty dress at the mall for the Christmas party this year. Hoping to look fab...sorta getting there!
  • soulundefined
    Options
    every 5 -10 pounds my son has said he would treat me to a massage by him :) and for every 2 that he loses I treat him to me playing a video game with him ~i get motion sickness easy so he picks easy games lol~ today i hit the 15 pound maker and i bought myself a new2me winter jacket :tongue: its nice to see the empowerment behind me moving down the scale finally...i'm finally loving me and my journey :heart:
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    PHOTO SHOOT! Seriously can't wait for the day when I like how I look in a photo that someone else takes of me. I'm a photographer and I know how a good photograph can boost someones self-esteem, especially one that hasn't been photoshopped.

My next NSV I hope is to fit into my engagement dress again, and get a photo shoot done in it.

Love this idea!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I don't treat myself with food or clothes. Food treats have to fit into the calorie limit. New clothes are a necessity. I color my own hair and do my own nails.

Here's how I think it through...I took on this full-time job because it was something I needed to do. I don't reward myself for getting up and going to work because it is expected, and I don't reward myself for losing weight as it is expected.

The reward for me is losing the weight, finding my new forever size, and really living life to the fullest all day every day. I've been told my thinking is a bit skewed, that my goals are vision statements, and my deadlines are unreasonable. I have to say though, I think I've done my very best to try new things, and deliver great results.

I get this from my father who was a teacher. He told me (I was in the third grade) that being satisfied with an A- when there was a bigger goal of A+ was selling yourself short. He said it's not a great leap or even a giant step from an A- to an A+, so get it done. I've kept my eye on that prize my entire life.
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options

I love the photo shoot idea! I have always wanted to do a sexy shoot for my hubby. I wanna be smokin hot! :blushing: