has anyone out there tried rice or coconut milk?

Options
2»

Replies

• ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk is my go-to substitute for cow's milk! I'm lactose intolerant and I've found that it tastes the best by far.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    The Diamond Almond Milk brand is not all that thick. I think it's consistency is similar to milk. Rice milk tastes sorta powdery to me and I didn't like coconut as it's flavor overpowers a lot of things. I just couldn't get into it. Soy is ok but thick...really thick. I would look at trying the natural version of Diamond's almond milk and see if maybe it was the brand that was the problem. If not, you could look at see if you could tolerate goat milk or maybe add a little water to lesson the flavor of the almond milk?
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coconut milk. It tastes the best out of all of them, and has the best consistency. However, if you find almond milk too thick you will probably find coconut milk too thick as well. Rice milk is a lot thinner so you might want to go with that. I find it way too watery tasting, personally.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I made raw coconut milk this morning and it was sooooo god but so packed with calories... from now on it will be a once a week treat mainly for my morning shakes... as far as alternative milks I make my own nut mylks and rotate in between Almond, cashews and pecan my recipe is 1/2 cup of soaked nuts (overnight) to 4 cups of water so I never end up with thick mylk.... out of the box I really liked hemp mylk but it's not easy to find unless you have a healthy store close by.. I would say adventure on your own and try them out
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I drink coconut milk right now. It has the consistency of regular milk, but with a coconutty flavour in the background.

Edit: I should add that I haven't drank regular milk in ages accept in my tea. So I am more or less GUESSING that it is of a similar consistency (more like 2% or whole most likely...not like skim).