New to the site

Options
Hi, my name is Angie. I am a 41yr old mother of a 14yr old boy from Canada. I started my lifestyle change March 1, 2012 after completing physio for some degenerating discs in my back. Physio helped me tremendously, as I seriously thought I wouldn't be able to do my job anymore which scared me. So I started at the gym on the recumbant bike for 25mins after I was done with physio and haven't looked back. I went 7 days a week and worked up to 60mins a day at 6am. I have lost 41 lbs to date. Near the end of July this year, I even thought I would try and see if I could actually run. Started on the treadmill for a .5km, then tried for 1km then tried for 1 mile, then 2miles, then 3.25 miles or 5.2km....I could run them without stopping by then end of July! For a person who never ran a day in her life because she was always the big girl and couldn't do it. I hated any track and field events in school. I still weigh 240lbs right now, and was amazed that I could actually run the 5km without stopping. I actually participated in a 5km Arthritis Society Joints in Motion run on September 23, 2012 and ran it all the way through. That was such and accomplishment for me. Then when my gym membership ran out at the end of August, I thought I would try bootcamp to try and tone and tighten some of the spots on my body where I have lost through my cardio from the last 6 months. It has been a tough 5 weeks of bootcamp, but I made it through and lost 7lbs in those 6 weeks, and lost inches from my waist, butt, thighs, calves, arms, and chest. It is amazing what your body can do when you push it and you never know what you can do until you TRY! I am doing things now that I NEVER EVER thought I would do in my life. I changed most of my eating habits, and enjoy eating clean(er), love new simple recipes too. I realize that I am on my way to a whole lifestyle change and am definately enjoying the compliments and the journey! Good luck to everyone, and see you around!

Replies

• katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Welcome!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work and success so far. Your story is inspiring to me. I am enjoying MFP so far, have been a member about a month.