Might be a stupid question...

Options
I really want to get some greek yogurt, but not sure where to get it. Can I get it at a regular grocery store, or do I have to go to a specialty store? And if I can get it at a grocery store, would it be by the regular yogurt? And what are the good brands?
Thanx!

Replies

• greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Stonyfield makes Oikos Fat Free Greek Yogurt...it's at walmart and giant eagle...I like it :smile:
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    IF YOU HAVE A WHOLE FOODS WHERE YOU LIVE THEY SELL FAGE..ITS GREAT AND COMES IN ALL FLAVORS AS WELL AS 2%, 1% AND FAT FREE.....ITS THE CLOSEST YOU WOULD GET TO TASTE AS IN GREECE( IM GREEK AND HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES SO I KNOW :drinker: )
  • karoske
    karoske Posts: 38
    Options
    I got some greek yogurt at Krogers and had it in a smoothie and it tasted like rotten milk! I then tried it in oatmeal.. well.. same gross disgusting yuck! is it just me or was there something maybe wrong with it?
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Fage is a good brand and it comes in 0% it is sold at regular grocery stores
  • cute_bachlret
    Options
    Problem is I live in Canda, do you think it would be sold here?
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I buy mine at the reg grocery store and Fresh Market by the reg yogurt.. Fage and Chobani are my fav brands.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I got some greek yogurt at Krogers and had it in a smoothie and it tasted like rotten milk! I then tried it in oatmeal.. well.. same gross disgusting yuck! is it just me or was there something maybe wrong with it?

It shouldn't taste like rotten milk but doesn't taste like reg American yogurt either. Much thicker and not as sweet.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It tastes sort of like sour cream. I put fruit or artificial sweetener into it when I eat it. For baking, I use it as a substitute for mayo or sour cream.

My grocery store does carry it, but they put it in the "health food" section of the store, not the regular section. So it took me a while to figure out they had it.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I recently tried it, and the Fage 0% fat with honey or the vanilla flavor are both excellent. I found it at Trader Joes, but I am glad to hear Wal Mart has it, as I can't afford to pay $1.89 ea for about 6 oz of yogurt on a regular basis. It does have a more "yogurty" taste than the typical flavored yogurt, such as Yoplait or Dannon.