"fake" pictures?

Options
So, people seem to talk A LOT about people who put up "fake" pictures of themselves (like obviously photoshopped or edited)

Here's my question - if you can TELL that a pic has been edited or enhanced to create a certain effect, what's the big deal?

(EXAMPLE - my pic right now, I put a "misty" filter on it to give the edges that soft blurry look, but the pic is still me. Do I have a "fake" picture?)

Replies

• Invictus195
    Options
    It's you, so no!
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I have been accused of applying a "photo spray tan", but that's not the case Lol
  • aestheticdreams
    Options
    It could not be you at all. I could not be me! None of us could be ourselves! NOTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS! :)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    That wouldn't make your picture fake.
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    it shouldn't be a big deal to others but it is for some reason..go figure. it mainly goes for the fact ppl pretend to be someone they are not for whatever reason, or photoshop "edit" their photos to make them look more toned or defined chiseld ripped etc etc whatever have you, and ppl feel it's wrong because we are all on this fitness site for our own reasons and someone who parades around like Mr Beach Body 2012 who is really Mr Average Joe 1999 is misleading people if they are giving out info and trying to point someone in the wrong direction. I really don't care to be honest, I filter my photos through Instagram (addiction_major2015 !!!! :D ) but my body is my body and it's a work in progress therefore I will not alter it to make someone else think any more highly of me. Take me as I am, or leave me where I stand :)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between fake and altered. Generally people mean a photo is not you at all when they say fake; representing a photo of another person as yourself.
  • TriThreat
    Options
    It could not be you at all. I could not be me! None of us could be ourselves! NOTHING IS WHAT IT SEEMS! :)

haha I think the option to photoshop has opened a whole new world of mystery ...
  • JCulp19
    JCulp19 Posts: 82
    Options

this actually made me lol for a moment :D
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Took the words outta my mouth. I think my sugars getting a little low. I'm feeling a little snarky! Run for the hills......,it's the invasion of the pod people. "screeeeeam"
  • TriThreat
    Options
    it shouldn't be a big deal to others but it is for some reason..go figure. it mainly goes for the fact ppl pretend to be someone they are not for whatever reason, or photoshop "edit" their photos to make them look more toned or defined chiseld ripped etc etc whatever have you, and ppl feel it's wrong because we are all on this fitness site for our own reasons and someone who parades around like Mr Beach Body 2012 who is really Mr Average Joe 1999 is misleading people if they are giving out info and trying to point someone in the wrong direction. I really don't care to be honest, I filter my photos through Instagram (addiction_major2015 !!!! :D ) but my body is my body and it's a work in progress therefore I will not alter it to make someone else think any more highly of me. Take me as I am, or leave me where I stand :)

Oh I put filters on my pics all the time! But I see that as ENHANCING and not really editing ... I mean, I don't really CHANGE what's there, just highlight it in a different way ...
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It's the internet!!! People can post any pic they find. My picture of my dog and I could be a fake and not really us. Lol. I think when they say "fake" pics, they mean pics taken from other websites and pictures out of magazines. There do seem to be a lot on here though.
  • TriThreat
    Options
    now, I will admit, there are some people I know IN PERSON who do not look as good as their online pics ... camera angles CAN be manipulated to your best advantage :P
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I think fake means,

If I were to put up Arnold as my main AVI.

That i believe is what people mean by fake.

If we are going to take down "enhanced" photos almost all women will have to change theirs

simply because they are wearing make up.
  • TriThreat
    Options
    I think fake means,

If we are going to take down "enhanced" photos almost all women will have to change theirs

that last sentence seriously made me laugh ... XD
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I have a warped self image. I see some of the better pics of me and like them, but when I look in the mirror I can't see it. I have met a few people from MFP in real life and they all said I look just like my pics. So why can't I see it?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    FAKE! FAKE! YOU MISTY, BLURRY, FAKE, YOU!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    That wouldn't make your picture fake.

EMY, I think your picture is fake. You can't fool me.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    <
    all me baby...I love cooking crabby patties shirtless.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I think fake means,

that last sentence seriously made me laugh ... XD

;)

Don't get me wrong, I am not dogging make up. I don't think anybody cares you

change the lighting or brightness on your photo as long as it is you.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out that I look very thin in my profile pic.

That is all.