How do you combat boredom binges

Options
Have only been on this program a week, and doing perfectly. But today is my first day, where it is extremely difficult to stop eating! i feel hungry physiology...i know i have had plenty to eat but keep reacing for the fridge. i am not emotional, just bored i think. I am trapped in the house for the day...any suggestions to combat boredom binges?

Replies

• Itstime4
    Options
    I read somewhere that said if you are having a craving instead of heading to the fridge, you should work out and that will help take the urge of wanting to eat away. When Im bored thats when I usually eat the worst, and this had worked for me. Good luck!
  • momjeannes
    Options
    It helps me to chew a piece of gum, or drink a glass of water.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you're bored, try finding something to do.

Right now, I'm distracting myself with MFP. :tongue:
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    good topic bump for tomorrow
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    drink lots and lots of water
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I have children as well, and find that the stress and constant food preparation can make me struggle.
    I have found that working toward an early bedtime allows me to rise very very early so I can experience a real me-time morning, including exercise, shower, quiet time and a big breakfast.
    For me, a nice peaceful satisfying breakfast helps me feel more content all day.
    The early morning workout helps me feel accomplished.
    The quiet time helps me feel peaceful!
    I also don't restrict food choices...anything that I want to eat, in moderation.
    I know this can be hard when the children are very young.
    Just try to make some positive changes each week....perhaps create a schedule for just the next week that you can move forward on a few things.
  • linnyc1981
    linnyc1981 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, have been looking up motivational quotes and have got me through
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I try drinking tea. Making it gives me something to do, the taste often will satisfy my need for sensory input, and the water content will fill me up. Doesn't always work, but it does at least half the time. (also stevia in the tea can help with minor sugar cravings)