Cheating & feeling guilty

Options
After 3 months on MFP today was my first cheat day. I tried to guesstimate on what I ate. I went over at least between 300 to 400 calories, maybe more. Now I'm feeling guilty about it & I'm beating myself up over it. Tomorrow I can proceed ahead to eat healthier but how do I get rid of those guilty feelings. How do I avoid cheating in the future?

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    300-400 calories is not a big deal. Don't beat yourself up over it. *kitten* happens. You're human. Tomorrow is another day. Don't let it bother you. Just remember, it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, so unless you do this every day for the next 10 days, you'll be fine. Just move on.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    There was this thread recently where people were posting their record breaking cheat meal calories. 300-400 is nothing!

Splurge meals here and there are harmless for some people, and can even be beneficial for others. Don't worry too much about it.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Just as one meal did not make you fat one meal can not undo all the work you have done. Put it behind you and move forward.
  • MCNWifey
    Options
    Going three months strong and you just had a slip up? Girl your doing great, don't worry about one meal all you can do is move on with working towards your goals by getting back on "track". Great job though on being consistent with your journey :)
  • justicekenny
    Options
    checkout my Sundays in my diary .. nothing but heaven on earth ... enjoy it ..
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Get over it. Cheating every once in awhile is good for you. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter....
  • CSwitts
    CSwitts Posts: 14
    Options
    YOU ONLY CHEATED ONCE IN THREE MONTHS?! Please teach me your ways!! You are totally fine. I cheat all the time (not that I recommend it) and am still losing weight. Its fine. Just get back on track tomorrow :)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I used to plan cheat days when I was heavier, and really pig out. It worked for a while, but not anymore...perhaps you can incorporate some planned cheat meals into your schedule, so you don't feel bad about it?
    As for the unplanned treats, you can't undo them now, so don't beat yourself up about it. Concentrate on what you are going to do tommorrow, and don't stress about what you can't undo.
  • KittyMul
    KittyMul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people don't agree with this, but if you're going to have a "cheat" day, don't track it.

In my experience, you'll just feel guilty and it's not worth it. If you're going to give yourself the freedom of a cheat day, give yourself complete freedom and don't worry about tracking. After all, the point of it is supposed to be a day off!