Hi, new here from Canada

Options
Hello everyone,

I have four kids the oldest being 18 and the youngest 6. I'm married and I run a dayhome.

I've been going to curves since April but find now it's a matter of FOOD, dang it, and I LOVE food, that's been interfereing with my losing weight. With my job I'm constantly making food for the kids and it's a little bit here and a little bit there and well it just adds up, unfortunately mostly in fat but that's why I'm here.

Our town just started it's own Biggest loser competition and my best friend and I joined, She lost 7 lb's and I gained 1.6. So I REALLY need to get cracking, or I'll definately not be the biggest loser.

Anyways I hope to get to know you all, I joined the Curvescomplete site but found it a bit disappointing not much of a community, and I joined a couple others and found them complicated so I'm hoping this will help.

Right now I'm trying to follow the curves diet plan, first week 1250 calories, two weeks of 1500 and then three weeks of 2000 to 3000 calories. It worked when I tried it in September but we caught the flu (not terribly bad but just felt gross and tired) and that was the end of watching what I was eating.

Anyways it's late and I should probably try to get some sleep tonight too.

Have a great Day!!

Vicky

Replies

• emahjain
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the site.
    I'm Emma from UK although hoping to live in canada one day.

it sounds like you have a plan which is always a good start, best of luck
    xx
  • Victoria_Th
    Victoria_Th Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!!

How is the weather there? Today it's -5 and windy here.
  • deedeehunt
    Options
    Hey Vicki,
    I'm new on the site too. I'm from Winnipeg. Also a huge fan of the Biggest Loser. If you've never heard of the Clean Eating magazine then I definitely recommend it. I've read somewhere that your food is 80% of the battle. I've found great tips and recipes in the mag and even ordered a subscription and back issues. And the best part is that my picky 11 yr old son eats everything I cook.
    Good Luck
    DeeDee