No late night "junk"snacking - 01/18/2010 to 01/24/2010

Options
2»

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this thread so lively :smile:.. Good idea, lullabelle, to have the challenge on weekly basis.
    Last night went according to plan :smile: To my delightment, I had calories left when I stopped eating :wink:.
    So 2 nights out of 2, so far :happy:.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Now, if only I could rein in my calories before my cutoff time. I've really gotten off track in that regard, but fortunately have still been exercising pretty regularly. So here is to a new day :drinker: and getting my cutoff time (7 p.m.) and eating within my calories.
  • jaune
    jaune Posts: 29
    Options
    For me, it's in the middle of the night! I'll do great then wake up and have 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter to put me back to sleep. Last night I woke up at midnight and I did NOT give in to the urge. Felt so good to wake up and find I've lost my first pound.:)
  • sdgreen17
    sdgreen17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats, jaune, on the first pound lost!

I ate after my cut-off time last night, but was able to keep it healthy, so I feel that was a victory in its own right. And I stayed within my calories! YAY!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Congrats Juane on your lost! :drinker:

For me, I missed yesterday's check-in, but I did well both last night and tonight. Tonight was even better, because I went to a little function, and I had 2 pieces of pizza and a little bit of alcohol. I was successful by being done by 630 (1 hour before cutoff) and still under my calorie intake. (Even though, that just means that I did not eat enough today, but my calorie intake was increased and I haven't gotten used to it yet). Right when you think you get used to things, it always have to change!:cry:
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    ohhh. I have fallen off the wagonnnn! damn! But I didn't eat junk, it was my dinner.. for some reason I didn't get hungry til 7 and I wasn't going to bed til 11.. So I caved.. booo
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    Still going strong. I think I can I think i can.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I was almost losing sight of the time last night, but very shortly past 9 I noticed, had a bite of something (forgot what, but not junk) and then I stopped! :drinker:. No more munching, though I was still in the kitchen baking a cake. Lullabelle, thanks again for getting me back. :flowerforyou:

Quite a motivating crowd here - I :love: it! I have to keep up with you guys, you are doing an awesome job!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    cray.gif
    I totally failed last night, knowingly, and with junk. No more excuses. Tonight, even if it is Friday, is going to be different. But I'm going to make my time later until Monday. Then starting next Monday, I'm going to make the time 14 hours from when I take my first bite in the morning. I am up by 2:30 a.m. for work which makes me feel like I'm eating ALL DAY LONG!!!

But for tonight 9 p.m. I can do this!!!!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I am up by 2:30 a.m. for work which makes me feel like I'm eating ALL DAY LONG!!!

You'are also UP all day long! So don't be too harsh on yourself. Btw, are you getting enough sleep?

I did well last night - is this really me? :wink:. So 4 nights down, yeah!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Btw, are you getting enough sleep?

I did well last night - is this really me? :wink:. So 4 nights down, yeah!
    Nope, definitely not getting enough sleep, but not quite an option right now. This past week, I have taken a 2 to 3 hour nap every day though. But at night I'm waking up like 1 to 2 hours earlier than I'm supposed to. Weirdo that I am.

Awesome on 4 nights down. Quite an inspiration. Keep it going Dewdrop!
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The past few nights, I've been doing really good. HOWEVER, last night is a different story. I woke up every hour and got handfuls of goldfish, pizza flavor : )

I know I've changed because I feel bad about it..lol..... I'm just going to work extra hard in the gym today..
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    The past few nights, I've been doing really good. HOWEVER, last night is a different story. I woke up every hour and got handfuls of goldfish, pizza flavor : )

I know I've changed because I feel bad about it..lol..... I'm just going to work extra hard in the gym today..
    Were they sitting beside your bed or did you actually have to make the effort to get out of bed? Sometimes, I will actually make the effort to get up and get food, no matter how tired I am. Just wondering if I'm alone in this.
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Were they sitting beside your bed or did you actually have to make the effort to get out of bed? Sometimes, I will actually make the effort to get up and get food, no matter how tired I am. Just wondering if I'm alone in this.

they were sitting beside my bed ;(
    The little "fishys" kept waking me up saying, "Eat me, Eat me" Sooooo, I ate them.. Now It's 4am and I'm feeling guilty...
  • dewdrop
    Options
    they were sitting beside my bed ;(
    The little "fishys" kept waking me up saying, "Eat me, Eat me" Sooooo, I ate them.. Now It's 4am and I'm feeling guilty...

Store them in the kitchen - no more food in the room! It'll call your name way too often.
    You can do this! :wink:

Lullabelle, I hope you're getting at least 6hrs of sleep per day. :hugs: (I know there's no smiley for this :smile: yet).
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Tonight was successful! I was done eating by 7pm, though I had to work out to burn off the oreo cookies I ate earlier. So, now I break even for my calories, since I burned just enough.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    dewdrop - certainly aim for the six. Sometimes it doesn't work out. My husband keeps telling me it's hindering my weight loss, which I totally agree with. Unfortunately, for the schedule that my kids need from me during the day, it's what it has to be for now. As they get older and don't want me around nearly as much :sad: , then I can be more "normal". But right now, well-worth the sacrifice. BTW, it's great having you back posting regularly. I need it!

Well, I was doing great last night. Went to movie with hubby at 6:45, and didn't even have one piece of his popcorn. Then came home...:blushing: and ate half a cup of pistachio ice cream at 9:30 (30 minutes after my cutoff). Daggone it. The worst part is, I have no one to blame but myself since I'm the one who ate it. I needed to just tell myself it would still be there tomorrow. But nope, I ate it anyway. Oh well. There is always today.

Going to shoot for the 9 p.m. cutoff again so I have a better chance for success as I have no idea what we are doing together as a family tonight and may end up going into "overtime".

Hope you all are doing great. Keep it up.

We are missing a few posters and really need you.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    lulabelle, here's my view on it: bad girl for eating the icecream (cos I know you can do better :wink:), BUT it was weekend and you only were 30 mins past your cutoff, so don't be too hard on yourself. Plus, you did not binge, it was just 1/2 a cup. Maybe next time you can have an apple and leave the icecream for the morning?

I admire your attitude: not only admitting it (I used to do that, too), but alsoseeing today just as important, althought it's the previous but last day of this challenge. That's the attitude! :flowerforyou: And I know you CAN do it!

I was good again last night (but we did not go out, so it was easier for me). I kinda feel like setting an alarm, as you did, lulabelle, cos 10 minutes before 9 I said "wow, oh, I gotta eat now!" :happy:. So: 5 days out of 5. I wonder what we'll be doing tonight...
  • dewdrop
    Options
    5 nights consecutive it stays :ohwell: I was so under my calorie, even after eating something past 9. I figured at 9:30 that if I skipped dinner, I was going to feel hungry when it'd be really too late.

Btw, does your week start on Monday or on Sunday? :smile: