Post eating disorder weight gain..how to cope?

Options
Hey, I don't know if there's anyone else out there who has recovered from an eating disorder and has put on the post recovery weight? I'm having such a hard time coping with my weight gain, at times its hard to stay strong and not go back. I want to be healthy, happy, and ready to get back in shape the right way. If anyone can relate I would love to hear how you overcame this struggle. : )

Replies

• LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi there,

I think it's about shifting your thinking away from thinking the way you look indicates that you are healthy or not healthy. For many of us w/ former eating disorders, our baseline for health was pretty warped. We all know this right? Most important thing after an eating disorder is recognizing your own value. And it has very little to do with a number on a scale. There's a lot of mind****ery wrapped into messing with your body - so it's a body/mind connection fer sure.

Gaining weight is all relative to your needs! So think of it as whatever your body needs to be healthy, that's what it's all about. :)

Hope this helps. Peace~