Rude

Options
hikeout470
hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
What the hell is up with the rude people on this site? Jeeze. Short stuff at the bus stop? Taking out getting bullied as a child on strangers who are trying to engage in an important topic of conversation regarding MY FITNESS? /end rant

Replies

• lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump. For a site that is supposed to be uplifting and encouraging, there sure are a lot of negative people. But the world is not perfect and anywhere you go there will be mean people. Just be the best you can be and ignore the bullies. I also think it's so funny how quick people are to judge here... when a big part of the reason they are here is because they are tired of being judged! Plus almost no one on here knows each other in real life, so how can you make statements about them?

Sigh, I just wish everyone would be supportive and positive. I'm sorry you were another victim of MFP meanies. :flowerforyou:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I promise that complaining about it won't change anything. This is why I tend to avoid the forums, the stupidity that's rampant here makes my brain hurt.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    Anything nutrition related has always fascinated me and made the mistake of attempting to share here. Thanks for your kind words!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Theres one person who always has to jump in to insult sincere people here, that make topic of their issues. She has a guy friend whos on her team & jumps in with her insulting people. I think its pitiful. Such big words coming out of people with corn cobs up their *kitten*. I don't understand the need to bully people like that. I think its rude too.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I know! they are meaner than the teenagers on Yahoo Answers:noway:
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    To tell you the truth I don't stay consistently in the forums long for this reason. I wouldn't call it rudeness I'd say the mean spirited and insensitive posts are the ones that get me. I try not to read those post but sometimes I do *sigh* if i find they upset me too much I just go back to my iPhone app where the forum is not visible and just simply support my awesome friends list. MFP is really like any other forum out there, you get mean everywhere. I dont engage mean people in real life very often (though i do tend to stick up for folks if they are being bullied by the meanies of the world) and same thing sort of goes here. It would be nice if MFP was all support and factual (and practical) information with a sprinkling of good humor. And all of that can certainly be found here but it's not 100% ...ah well.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing a lot of rude behavior here. It almost makes me regret this site, but at the same time it makes me pity those who are being rude. They must live an unfulfilled life that requires them to tear down others anonymously so they can feel better about said life......or something.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    No one was being that bad in your thread. You were being overly defensive and close minded.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You're right...unfortunately, posts like this tend to just feed the trolls...
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    1st time I shared something on here I broke down in tears & got the topic deleted. Learnt then that there were 'those' people here.....
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Would this have something to do with how this post was received? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/765837-fake-butter
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    To be fair, some people could've called you on etiquette of sorts, as your post seemed a little "scare-mongery" to me, but hey, that's just me. I read it, kept my mouth shut and moved on. I get it; you get into something you believe in and want to tell the world. It's not my style, but common enough in the world.
    Then I saw this, and decided to give you the view from the other side.

Edited for a missing space.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    No one was being that bad in your thread. You were being overly defensive and close minded.

Almost every time someone says people are rude on the MFP forums, there is always a thread in which the OP posted something 'helpful' first.
  • ItsTimeDave
    ItsTimeDave Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Its such a shame that a great bunch of people, with one similar interest (fitness/weigh) cant have decent convos with like minded people without people being objective/obtuse just for the sake of trolling..

(and nope i didnt read the original thread, just my observations from what i have been reading on lots of threads)
  • hikeout470
    Options
    True, the anonymity of the web must bring it out. Quizzical.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Almost every time someone says people are rude on the MFP forums, there is always a thread in which the OP posted something 'helpful' first.

Yup exactly.
    A thread doesn't go the way they wanted so that means that everyone on mfp are terrible mean people.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    bump. does anyone freaking eat fake butter?

You're right, posts like this are rude.
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    On this site, I find that EVERYONE is an "nutritionist/personal trainer" expert! I have spent some time arguing, but in the end it is just easier to not fight that battle! Yes, there are tons of rude people...just ignore them and move on. I save my fitness related input for people that specifically ask for advice.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I know! they are meaner than the teenagers on Yahoo Answers:noway:

I'm on Yahoo Answers occasionally. Some people post ridiculous/off-topic questions, and some are just mean for no reason. And there is really no reason for it.

I usually ignore the mean people.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have had a bad experience. Rudeness often comes from a variety of causes... Some may be because they are depriving themselves of adequate nutrition so they are unusually cranky. Some may be because they have an ill-conceived idea that they know the truth of the matter and they are going to let you know what you need to do to "fix your problem"... others may simply be from New York (OK... just being funny here... I've had college room-mates from NYC before that I thought a lot of)... Others... well are buttholes and darned proud of it...Not much we can do to change them so best just to ignore them and don't allow their problem to become your problem. Best wishes on your journey...
This discussion has been closed.