Have you ever met someone from MFP in person?

Options

Replies

• babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yes I met one person. He lives 3 hours from me and we met halfway, had supper together and drinks with the locals. It wad a great time. We'be tried meeting up for a since for a cycling ride, but the weather never worked out for us. I hope to meet more this next Saturday considering I'm trying to organize a fall hike with members of the Minnesota group I belong to..
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I met Valqis and his wife! Awesome people! We had a great time.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    There's a certain someone I'm desperate to meet, but it's never that simple, we WILL meet one day and we both know it will be perfect. :heart: (MLWP) :heart:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I've met three local friends, one of whom I see quite often, and am flying to meet someone in less than 3 weeks (and am very excited about it!)

1. I bet those local friends are awesome

and

2. Yay!!!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    No, but I think it would be fun!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Yes! :bigsmile: 3 lovely ladies up in Manchester and one lovely lady in Cambridge. Would love to make it a regular occurrence but it's pinning folks down to a date and then a time and place.
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes I have... He and I met for a drink and had a great time talking. We are still friends on MFP but we have not met again in person.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I would like to find someone that lives near me to help hold me accountable about going to the gym.
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    Yep! It's nice stepping out from behind the computer to meet in person, especially at a fitness event. You know you both worked hard to get there so it takes the support element to a new level. Pretty awesome.
  • dw4378
    dw4378 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have not.. But would love too.. Btw anyone from GA?? :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I have not.. But would love too.. Btw anyone from GA?? :)

Me! :happy:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have met two who live in my state but Im coming to America (from Australia) in February for the sole purpose of meeting my friends. I am hoping to catch up with about 12 or so!! Cant wait.

<
    is on the list!!!

So excited to meet another MFPer :)

I've met one other on purpose, but I did see a few MFP people out in public, just wasn't able to make it through the crowds to say hi or they were way ahead of me on the track.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    No, but I would like to :)
  • AddictedtoAerosmith
    AddictedtoAerosmith Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have met two MFP connections...

One was not by choice as the connection found out where I worked, showed up at my ICU nurse's station looking right at me and asked if I was working...:noway: .very odd....so I responded to that situation and have since disconnected and life moves on...until 2 weeks ago I got a PM from him about Garlic and how he would love to follow me around....Say waaaaaaaaa? He be blocked now and I am in hopes he stays away from my ICU or I may have to Karatee Kick him....Just sayin'

Anyhow...I just met another MFP connection this past Friday for Happy Hour and we had a blast! So much laughs and good times...

We have a group planning a Vegas Trip in May which will make for great times....I would love to continue to meet my connections as some I have developed strong friendships with...:bigsmile:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I met CynthiaElise for lunch, she is an awesome girl and we hit it off! We are planning to have a girls night in the near future.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yeap I met Frans (genuinelyfrans). He lived in another town in Jersey but he moved near me to go to Rutgers. He seems to be a good guy and very nice. I also have been chatting with a girl that I really want to meet! she is the sweetest everr!!!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've met Felice at a local beer party, Went out to dinner with Bynsky and her hubs for her Birthday, My Friend Kintegra, Been trying to hook with IAMROJ but shes afraid of me.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Went out to dinner with Bynsky and her hubs for her Birthday,

I'm jelly!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    lol I've met 25 in person.....good times

17 of them were just this year, the others were randoms last year and I don't think they're even active on the site anymore. (not my fault!lol)
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've met Felice at a local beer party, Went out to dinner with Bynsky and her hubs for her Birthday, My Friend Kintegra, Been trying to hook with IAMROJ but shes afraid of me.

woot!

I have met a couple of others as well.