Help =/ I'm going out for a pub meal.

Options
http://www.brewersfayre.co.uk/food/details/?id=1

Here is a link to the menu, Can anyone help me figure out the lowest calorie options for starter/main??

Replies

• leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It might take a little nerve but really the staff there are to help you. Ask the chef!!! ask the waitress if the chef would mind recommending something for someone trying to diet. only the chef will really know what goes in what.
  • LeeshaLR
    Options
    Probably the tomato and roast vege pasta. I'd probably go the Minted Lamb Loin, with creamy mash and vegetables. I'd eat a small amount of the mash, and eat all the fresh seasonal veges.

It all sounds delightful, I'd find it hard to stay away from all the bad food!!
  • leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would ask for the salmon and jacket potato - just ask for the sauce to be serviced on the side :)
  • fortiter00
    fortiter00 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For a starter I would go for the prawn cocktail or soup of the day

For an entree I would go with the grilled menu, and either the chicken burger (ask for a wheat bun) or eat it without the bun and ask for extra cole slaw or veggies in place of the onion rings or I would try the sirloin steak. I try to save my red meat experiences for eating out, and I love mushrooms.

No matter what you decide to go with, type it in to your myfitnesspal log and see what the rough calorie estimates come out to using generic entries (i.e grilled chicken, cole slaw, mixed veggies, grilled 5 oz. sirloin)

You can pick and choose based on your allotted calories, and also if need be skip your snacks that day in an effort to keep under your allotted calories and still have a good time out.

Enjoy.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I would ask for the salmon and jacket potato - just ask for the sauce to be serviced on the side :)

Same here.