"Imitation" Apple Pie Ala mode

TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I posted this under food/nutrition but figured I would post it here. Not really a "recipe" but a good idea for a dessert.

I had the best dessert last night.

Trader Joes low fat Apple Tarte Tatin (really good and made with phyllo instead of crust): 120 cal, 3 g fat for 1/4 (yes that's right) of the pie. Big piece.
with
Edy's Slow Churned Caramal Delight Ice Cream - 1/2 cup: 120 cal, 3.5 g fat

The total for this scrumptious dessert was 240 cal, 6.5 g fat. Not bad at all and it hit the spot.

Replies

• TamTastic
    I posted this under food/nutrition but figured I would post it here. Not really a "recipe" but a good idea for a dessert.

I had the best dessert last night.

Trader Joes low fat Apple Tarte Tatin (really good and made with phyllo instead of crust): 120 cal, 3 g fat for 1/4 (yes that's right) of the pie. Big piece.
    with
    Edy's Slow Churned Caramal Delight Ice Cream - 1/2 cup: 120 cal, 3.5 g fat

The total for this scrumptious dessert was 240 cal, 6.5 g fat. Not bad at all and it hit the spot.
  • Is Trader Joes just a brand name or what? I have never heard of it. That sounds really good.
  • TamTastic
    Trader Joes is a grocery store in certain areas. The link is below. Check to see if one is nearby. You may be able to order online, not sure. They have a lot of cool healthier options.

http://www.traderjoes.com/index.html