Disappointed.

AshleyTaylor2017
AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I just did my weigh in this morning for last week, and although I should be happy that I didn't gain any weight, I only lost half a pound. I worked harder than I have been and ate better than I have been, and lost half a pound. I was really thinking I was going to lose 2lbs. I felt better. I guess thats what should really count. So tonight I think I am going to measure myself. Maybe I lost inches and not pounds. Last week I only lost .8 lbs too. Maybe I will look at lowering my calories by just a little and see if that helps! Sorry I just needed to vent this morning.

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Chin up! It is really hard when you get on the scale and get off to see a lower number lost then you thought. BUt just remember how good you are feeling on the inside. I think you also may want to consider other things. Are you retaining water? Do you need to use the bathroom? Is it close to that time? How is your water intake? I think measuring yourself and changing thing up a little are great ideas. I would go repeat a week when you did really well and eat those same foods and see if you can do it again. Hugs!
  • Don't overwork yourself. I have lost about 10 pounds in 2 weeks, I am a male so they say males loose faster. I have ate better, lowered my calorie intake. I think the biggest thing I have been doing is walking after work for at lest 45 minutes, as fast and comfortably I can without over doing it. I think that may help. You can do all sorts of work outs, but get your heart beat up. I think that could help you as it's helping me. A strength training added would help too, even if it's just to tone the muscles. Good Luck !
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    I just did my weigh in this morning for last week, and although I should be happy that I didn't gain any weight, I only lost half a pound. I worked harder than I have been and ate better than I have been, and lost half a pound. I was really thinking I was going to lose 2lbs. I felt better. I guess thats what should really count. So tonight I think I am going to measure myself. Maybe I lost inches and not pounds. Last week I only lost .8 lbs too. Maybe I will look at lowering my calories by just a little and see if that helps! Sorry I just needed to vent this morning.

I was supposed to weigh myself this morning for the 1st time since joining mfp...but didnt because Im scared I havent lost anything.
  • I am going through some frustrations myself. I have been on this journey for just over a month, going to the gym 6 days a week, keep a food journal with 1500cal per day. I have lost 7lbs. That being said I know I have gained some muscle which weighs more and my clothes are fitting differantly. Best of all this week I made sure to watch my water intake, drank at least 2ltrs a day (was really all I changed last week) and I lost almost 3lbs.

Chin up, the weight will start to fall off.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    yes chin up, weight lose is a slow moving process, you dont want to lose it fast, then more than likely you will gain it back just as fast as you have lost it..
This discussion has been closed.