No More Sweetners - and other goals

I have a lot of goals for the week. I just wanted to list them somewhere public. I'll report on myself at the end of the week - how I did on each.
1st - I am giving up sweetners. Added sugar, fructose, stevia, truvia, xylotal, spenda, neutra sweet, the pink stuff, all of it. I have only a few exceptions for practicality sake - the protein shakes I currently drink (i.e. no buying new brands of it that are sweeter), salad dressings with less than 6 grams of sugar per serving, and food that isn't sweet but has a tiny amount of added sugar - 2 grams or less for 100 calories. This will be hard, but very needed. I want to do this for six weeks.
2- food journal all food/drink and count calories (not online, in my notebook)
3 - drink 110 oz of water/green tea by 8pm each day
4- drink 1 family size green tea bag or 8 small ones p/day
5 - eat 12 servings of non-starchy vegies per day
6 - 5 servings of super lean protein/select dairy
7 - eat only foods that have at least 2.5 SANE stars (p. 102 in Smarter Science of Slim); limit fruit to sane fruit (except 1 serving within 60 min of workout); limit most dairy to 50 cals p/day plus up to 50 cals p/day in 1% or 2% milk - no bread, sweets, etc.
8 - 45 minutes of good exercise x 5 days p/week (HR ave over 128 or SANE strength program)
9 - 5 minutes of stretching x 5 days p/week
10- 2 to 4 sentances about motivating factors per day written, preferably in AM
11 - sleep 7 hours or more per night starting tonight
12 - weigh myself daily and record my weight
13 - measure myself once during this week
14 - run 14 miles on Fri, Sat, or Sunday - start befpre 1:30 pm and time it
15 - do the new strength program and post the video of 1 leg eccentric squats for feedback on SSoS website
16 - No standing and eating (at least less than 2 bites p/day, but ideal is 0). Only small exceptions when actually needed to taste something before deciding if it is prepped/ready.

That is a lot, but many of them are things I usually do anyway (eating vegies and lean protein, usually sleep 7 hrs and exercise, etc.) so it should be challenging w/out being excessive. I will report back.

Does anyone else have goals for the week to share?

Replies

• sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Great list, I did a big general list in my MFP Blog, so I could find and refer to it. I think doing this often will be a good excercise, thanks for sharing.