Need some lifting ideas...

Options
2»

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I know this has been responded to (light weights) but this is still the most relevant response in the thread. It's too much work.

If you want to lift every day, replace most of these heavy compound exercises with single joint isolation work. Otherwise it's too much strain on your CNS. You'd have to eat like an animal and consider chemical assistance to keep this pace up for more than 3 weeks.

Yeah. anytime I do heavy famers walks my upper back is trashed for 2-3 days after. I can't imagine trying to squeeze in deads the next day and then do farmers again later in the week.

My farmers don't sound as heavy as yours, pound for pound. My grip fails before my upper back/shoulders get too nasty.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I know this has been responded to (light weights) but this is still the most relevant response in the thread. It's too much work.

If you want to lift every day, replace most of these heavy compound exercises with single joint isolation work. Otherwise it's too much strain on your CNS. You'd have to eat like an animal and consider chemical assistance to keep this pace up for more than 3 weeks.

Yeah. anytime I do heavy famers walks my upper back is trashed for 2-3 days after. I can't imagine trying to squeeze in deads the next day and then do farmers again later in the week.

My farmers don't sound as heavy as yours, pound for pound. My grip fails before my upper back/shoulders get too nasty.

Possible, but heavy is a relative term (you know this-I've seen your good posts in other threads). The main point is that the CNS needs rest. I've done things like this and after a short period i hit a monster wall
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

Possible, but heavy is a relative term (you know this-I've seen your good posts in other threads). The main point is that the CNS needs rest. I've done things like this and after a short period i hit a monster wall

Good point. I might have to build in a big deload week.. Maybe every 4th week is a rest. - Just light weight reps.