60 pounds in 6month?

Options
2»

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    My question is: are you going to give up if you can't reach that goal? What if you "only" lose 40 pounds in 6 months? Is that a failure???

There's nothing wrong with having a goal, and even an aggressive one as long as you aren't disappointed if you don't quite reach it. Celebrate all the small victories and just keep going no matter what the damn scale says.

I've lost an average of 2.2 pounds for the last 10 weeks but as one gets smaller, the weight loss slows. The slower the loss, the more sustainable imo. My goal is to be 160 by next July; I am 203 right now. My end goal is 150. So, if I could keep losing 2.2 pounds per week it would only take 24 weeks to get there (end of March). However, that is an unrealistic goal. I'm hoping to be 150 in a year from now and it doesn't matter whether I hit my goals or not, I'm on an eating plan that I am going to follow for the rest of my life.
  • Paultandy1962
    Options
    I have been overweight for most of my adult life, I am a 51 year old male and decided to take action now before it becomes too late: I am 6ft tall and weighed 253lbs

Over the last 9 months I have lost 60lbs, my last weigh in on Sunday recorded 193lbs, so I went from 18 stone 1lb to 13 stone 11lbs, my target is to reach 13 stone by January 2014 - I am well on schedule to achieve this goal - About a month ago I hit a brick wall, I was hovering around the 14.10lb mark and could not move from this figure :( My son told me about myfitnesspal and downloaded the App on to my phone, 35 days later and I have lost a further 15lbs and well on my way to achieving my goal.

My routine is really simple, each day I use the treadmill, 20 minutes fast walk in the morning and another 20 minutes in the evening, this combined with my calorie intake of 1,400 is what was needed to ensure that I continue to lose the weight I have set myself to achieve.

I feel healthier, happy and more content with myself - Best thing I ever did!
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    yea it is doable but that pace is pushing it. It is too easy to focus on weight without a thought to health. If you lost 30 pounds in 6 months that would be a great health improvement and you will be able to stick with it and keep it off. When I first joined this site I jumped to it thinking I want to lose two pounds a week ( a common newbie mistake :) ) but after a couple weeks I realized I wasn't eating enough. I felt groggy and tired and grumpy lol. I upped my calorie intake to a reasonable level even if that meant I was losing slower but now I feel awesome. Ironically now I have energy to exercise (and I eat most of those calories back so it's a win win). I feel really good about this new lifestyle and I know I can stick with it for however long it takes. good luck with your journey :)