Anyone in late 50's or older on here?

Options
13»

Replies

• dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 56 also and your all right it is harder, everything slows down, us included I keep extercisng trying to watch what I eat,I still want to look good for my family and for myself.I'm glad there is so many of us over 50,I've been on this sight for over a year ,and haven't met anyone to converse with.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and I've lost 50 pounds in three months. I have really changed what I'm eating and I have stepped up my exercise, I think the secret weapon for me is that I do move around a lot at work.
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 next week and I've lost 55 pounds since January this year. I have a number of medical issues that make it difficult for me to exercise (including an autoimmune disease affecting my joints, and fibromyalgia) so it's all pretty much been lost through diet alone. Every time I try to exercise I have a flare up, so have to stop again :-( In spite of that I've lost pretty consistently over the 9 months or so on around 1450 calories per day of what I'd call 'real' food - very little prepackaged, mostly home cooked from scratch. It really hasn't been hard, I haven't denied myself treats, and I'm feeling great. Still losing with around 18 pounds still to go to a healthy BMI. You can definitely do it!
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give you a huge congrats for getting it done in the face of adversity! We all think we have problems until we read about somebody with real problems. Again, way to go!
    I'm 63 next week and I've lost 55 pounds since January this year. I have a number of medical issues that make it difficult for me to exercise (including an autoimmune disease affecting my joints, and fibromyalgia) so it's all pretty much been lost through diet alone. Every time I try to exercise I have a flare up, so have to stop again :-( In spite of that I've lost pretty consistently over the 9 months or so on around 1450 calories per day of what I'd call 'real' food - very little prepackaged, mostly home cooked from scratch. It really hasn't been hard, I haven't denied myself treats, and I'm feeling great. Still losing with around 18 pounds still to go to a healthy BMI. You can definitely do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!