Does anyone have a favorite chicken soup recipe???

Options
flamencobarbie
flamencobarbie Posts: 53 Member
Hello everyone,

I am going to make chicken soup, does anyone have their favorite recipe they would like to share with me??? Thank you... Have a nice day...

Replies

• DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My chicken soups always turn out different! I start with the broth and just start throwing stuff in as I have it. I have made homemade stock, and/or used store bought low fat/low sodium and I really can't tell much of a difference. I do what is convenient at the time. For me, the simpler the better. Onions, carrots, celery, cooked chicken (both white and dark meat, I'll roast 3 chickens at a time and throw extras in baggies in the freezer), potatoes, fresh parsley, rosemary, sage, and pepper. Everything in the slow cooker on low all day makes the house smell AMAZING!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I enjoy boiling a whole chicken (or just the carcus depending on what I have planned) with carrots, onions, and celery to make a broth. Then I make one of two soups.

Jook is a chinese rice porridge. If I make this, I debone the soup and and rice until the rice makes a porridgy texture. You have to play around with what you like though.

Chinese soup. I will then add things like mushrooms, lotus root, etc to the soup and serve over cooked ramen noodles (or plain depending on my mood).
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like to take chicken breast (1 - 2 pounds, depending on how much meat you like), cook this, use the stock and add, northern beans, green chili's, rotel, shoe-peg corn, lime juice and cumin. It makes a really yummy white chicken chili. I usually add a little sour cream and cheese to my bowl - the sour cream to make a creamy soup, which i prefer and the cheese, 'cause cheese is awesome. :)

Hope this helps!